“Terrific” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this place and we were so glad. Great English beers, fresh food cooked to order and the most delicious desserts all made on premises. Hosts fabulous Andy English husband and I chatted with other English people in the bar. Really delightful. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2013

Queensland
“Disappointing - not as good as it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We came here for a function, as we have done many times with various organisations over the years.The meal was an alternate drop of fish or turkey. Those who had the turkey said it was quite nice, but the fish - a cold fish fillet swimming in white sauce with a bit of very dry rocket salad is hard to get excited about. A number of people at our table did not eat their fish.The noise level was unbearable - I gave up trying to hold a conversation with the person sitting in front of me. I hate to think what it would be like with live music on top of the ambient noise.On the positive side, there is a number of interesting English beers on tap - the London Pride was very enjoyable.

If the owners want to keep the locals coming, they will need to look at their food and food service, and please do something to deaden the noise! It was never as bad as this before. I would not come back until the above points were sorted out.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sunshine Coast
“Hardly authentic.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I drove past this pub a couple of weeks ago and noticed the english pub sign and wrote it down as a MUST to go, the place looks fantastic and with relatives from the UK visiting thought it would be a great place to go.

We visited today and struggled to find anything traditional english on the menu except for fish and chips (the portions were huge and good value for money) the bangers and mash were beef sausages, felt they should have been pork for "authentic english". And the menu contained a lot of seafood dishes. If you dont eat seafood then you are quite limited and with only one chicken dish on the menu that was a let down. Even the beef and guiness pie contained mussells.

We actually arrived expecting a traditional sunday roast to be offered but it was not. I dont think I have ever been to a british pub on a sunday that hasnt offered a roast with a nice big yorkshire pudding! Was highly disappointed about that and felt it really let them down.

There was live music that was playing which was great and created a nice atmosphere however the music was far to loud and even the waitress struggled to hear us.
This pub is in a fantastic location with great views. Not sure where the miles of parking is as we had to park next door at a french cafe. The food was average and I wouldnt take the 30 minute drive to go there again unless the menu changed. I wouldnt class this pub as an authentic english pub the menu is a lot more modern which I understand to keep up with current trends (i believe the restaurant is a merging of 2 other montville restaurants" but it is marketed as an "authentic" pub. This pub could make an absolute killing with the right menu and a few changes. Like any new establishment there are going to be some problems that need ironing out. Im yet to wonder why nobody is doing an english carvery on the coast with the amount of english here and feel this pub would be the absolute perfect place to have one :)

I left wondering what was actually english about the pub except the beer and exterior??

• Visited December 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great English pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you drive a minute or two past Montville's busy pubs/restaurants you will find this lovely English style pub!
They had real English brands of beer on tap, friendly staff and a good variety of food (English and Australian traditional pub food), we had a very nice afternoon here. I got the lunch + drink special for $20 (very generous portion of fish and chips) and my partner had a steak that he described as one of the best he has ever had. We found all the staff very helpful - they let me partner sample a couple of the beers so he could make his mind up (he liked London Pride the best)
There are plenty of spots to park your car in & tables to sit at, toilets, a nice garden area, they accept cash and card payments... I would thoroughly recommend this pub :-)

• Visited November 2013