“Beautiful spot for lunch”

Le Relais Bressan cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Flaxton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hills were filled with sunflowers as we drove up.My friend suggested Le Relais Bressan and it did not dissapointed.
We lunched in a sunny courtyard,and were served courteously and promptly.we shared a panini loaded with salmon and then chose delectable berry tarts with coffee and tea from a cabinet full of freshly baked goodies.Unbelievable value,$22 for the two of us.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We love this cafe for the food, service and value. True French Flavours with extraordinary effort going into making a menu that transcends the mediocre cafe fare. Thierry and Cindy and their family make it their business to get to know locals and travellers alike and make their experience special, which is why we keep going back!

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Latest visit was for mothers day, taking my partner's mother out to lunch, so four adults on what seemed to be one of the busiest of days for cafes.

We were able to make a booking, and our table was prepared when we arrived with water and glasses set out already. We were in a nook near a window in one of the rooms, with things to look at and a view to outside.

Food and drink: Delicious. They had their regular offerings as well as additional offerings for the day, with regular items on the wall and then additional offerings on paper menus. We ordered and drinks came in a timely manner and food a bit after that. Allowing conversation time in between and didn't make things feel rushed.

After the satisfaction of savoury dishes, we moved onto desserts, and were lucky enough to get a tasting box of petit four, allowing us all to have several of their fab desserts, enough that we were able to take a few home at the end too.

Also able to purchase from their deli range, which we did this time, taking home a brie with truffles (which on first nibble was equal to the standard of the cafe).

Service: warm welcome from the host while confirming our booking and taking our orders and friendly at the end of the meal too. The waitstaff who brought food and drinks were pleasant and capable.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just the place if you are looking for morning tea (great coffee and fabulous patisseries) or a nice little place for lunch. It wasn't licensed (when we were there) but the salad we had was imaginative and a delight to eat.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have been going to the original restaurant every time I visited the Sunshine coast and when I made a reservation this time I was concerned to hear that the operation had moved next door and was now a cafe/deli style operation rather than a formal Table d'hote meal. I should not have been concerned. I was with my Wife and 2 friends, we all ordered something different and everybody was more than happy. Orders included sweet potato soup, escargot, quiche, smoked salmon crepe, Camembert & mushroom crepe, deserts ranged from plum tart to a mixed berry creme brule tart and a ganache tart as well as a cheese board but be warned the cheese plate is big enough for 2 to share and we finished off with coffee. We were spoilt for choice especially with the desserts, I would recommend this new venue to anyone who enjoys their food, the bonus was the reasonable prices.