“We'll be back!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Flaxton B&B and Inns
Bairnsdale, Australia
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We attended our daughter's wedding nearby and stayed for 3 nights at Avocado B&B out of sheer good luck via Wotif.
Excellent location with beautiful views, lovely rooms and breakfasts by John to die for! The hosts John and Sonya made us feel very welcome and comfortable and were more than willing to go the "extra mile' to ensure we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Next time we'll try the "African" room downstairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much Gordon for the excellent review and we wish you all a Happy Xmas and New Year. So happy the earring was found for Kara.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We attended a wedding nearby and stayed at Avocado Grove B&B based on a friend's recommendation. We felt right at home the moment we arrived. The house is beautifully furnished and maintained, and the location on the fringes of bushland is charming and relaxing.
What really sets this place apart though are the hosts, John and Sonya. Their friendly, welcoming manner and fantastic service made us feel as though we were staying with friends or family. We spent many happy hours socializing on the verandah with our hosts and fellow guests, and can't wait to come back again. John's home-cooked breakfast is delicious and an absolute must if you stay there.
Definitely the best B&B experience we ever had!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much Alex for the amazing review you have given Avocado Grove. Have a fantastic Xmas and New Year, and we do hope to see you again.
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We attended a wedding at Montville and chose to stay at the Avocado Grove based on the exceptional reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed for everything was excellent especially the generous hospitality afforded by our hosts Sonya and John. They were so welcoming and generous with their hospitality. Everything was excellent - what more can I say!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
WOW OMG Thank you for the outstanding review you have given Avocado Grove, and thank you for choosing to stay here. We enjoyed chatting with you and Ros and do hope to catch up again.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I tried to find think if what else I can write but it is getting more difficult. I brought my parents here to stay for 2nights and they were blown away by the meals provided, the excellent service provided and the amenities that were made available in this place. The part is when I told my folks how much I paid for it, they were astonished! That can only mean value for money!!

If anyone is still not convinced, let's just say this had been my third stay in 1 year, and mind you I am a very picky customer! Will definitely visit again when I come back to Brisbane!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your third visit and your third super awesome review .
Abby and Raymond we enjoy your stays so much and do look forward to seeing you in 2014.
Have a wonderful Xmas and New Year.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

My family and friends stayed at the Avocado Grove in late Nov 2013 and we were "wowed" by its rooms and service. The place was absolutely cosy, extremely clean, peaceful and beautiful, but what truly stands out were the attentiveness and hospitality of John and Sonya. We were greeted by the couple upon our arrival and immediately they made us feel at ease and "at home". They gave us some tips on the nearby places of interest and brought us around their fruits plantation.

John and Sonya are a terrific couple and good cooks too, We had 3 course set dinner and a breakfast. The meals were delicious and the dessert makes us speechless.

We wished we had stayed 2 nights as 1 night was too short. We will definitely stay with Avocado Grove for a longer period if we have a chance to visit Flaxton again.

John & Sony, thanks again for making our stay a memorable and pleasant one. Both of you are clearly doing an excellent job! Keep up the good work!

We would highly recommend staying at the Avocado Grove

Love, Doreen

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you Doreen for your super awesome review about us here at Avocado Grove. We so enjoyed meeting everyone, your boys were exceptional, you should be very proud of Ian.
Thank you for choosing us and coming all the way from Singapore to experience the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. If and when we get to Singapore we hope to experience your luxury Hotel.
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

John is an amazing host. He was very concerned to ensure that everything was alright and that I was happy. When I arrived he offered to make me tea, take care of bags, etc. When I had trouble getting phone reception (Telstra) he offered to let me use the landline. When we came back late he took the trouble to introduce us to other couples staying and offered us wine, tea, coffee, etc. It is not really surprising that everyone staying there seemed to be having a fantastic time! Basically John is incredibly accommodating and friendly and I was quite frankly amazed at the lengths he went to make sure I was happy. I didn't pay anywhere near 5 star prices but we definitely got 5 star service and hospitality.

We stayed in the Shephard room, which has a lovely view of the mountains and sliding door out onto a large verandah. The bed was super comfortable and the room was very quiet. Being a B&B the room is pretty simple in terms of furnishings, the website has a very accurate description and pictures. I didn't realise I had booked the only non-ensuite room, but this was not really a problem. Everything was spotlessly clean and tidy. The breakfast is very comprehensive and John will prepare it at the time of your choosing. One thing they don't mention is that they have free WiFi!!! That was an unexpected bonus.

The location of the B&B is actually a lot better than I expected. Off the main road, and very short drive north of Montville and Kondililla Falls. One of the main reasons I booked this place, is that the rates are extremely reasonable in comparison to other accommodation in the area, and they also allow one night stays on weekends. This makes it very appealing to people travelling on a budget (like us!).

The only real 'problem' I had was that despite instructions, I had trouble getting the shower temperature to regulate. It seemed to have a mind of its own in terms of hot and cold! I'm sure if I had mentioned it to John he would told me how to fix it, but I did eventually manage to wrangle it to stay 'warm'.

We have already recommended this place to family and friends.

Room Tip: Shepherd room does not have an ensuite bathroom. All other rooms do, I believe. Shephard and Reed ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. Although I cant put a name to the review , I am pleased that I made your stay here as comfortable as can be. Yes, now and again guests do book the Shepard room in error, not realising that the bathroom is seperate, if availability we are happy to change the room. Regarding the shower, you need to run the hot tap first and gradually the cold tap. I appreciate your time in writing such a detailed review and thank you once again. John
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife found Avocado Grove on the web and it certainly lived up to the good reviews. The self contained unit on the lower level was clean, comfortable and roomy. The location is ideally suited for exploring the surrounding area from Maleny to Kenilworth. But the highlight was the beautiful breakfasts, and the evening meal shared with the pleasant company of the other guests, and later our hosts John and Sonia. The dining / lounge area is beautifully appointed, with quality art works and a stunning view. John, who has spent his working life in the hospitality industry, offered to prepare a variety of dishes for breakfast, but I couldn't go past the Avocado Grove Special – superb.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, pick any one.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you Ed and Joy for taking the time to write such an excellent review for Avocado Grove.
We enjoyed meeting up with you and sharing conversations, and we do look forward to catching up again. Thank you so much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flaxton
Clouds of Montville
Montville Mountain Inn Resort
Secrets on the Lake
Secrets on the Lake
#1 of 9 in Montville

Been to Avocado Grove B&B? Share your experiences!