“Excellent AGAIN”

Ranked #1 of 5 Flaxton B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent AGAIN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

I tried to find think if what else I can write but it is getting more difficult. I brought my parents here to stay for 2nights and they were blown away by the meals provided, the excellent service provided and the amenities that were made available in this place. The part is when I told my folks how much I paid for it, they were astonished! That can only mean value for money!!

If anyone is still not convinced, let's just say this had been my third stay in 1 year, and mind you I am a very picky customer! Will definitely visit again when I come back to Brisbane!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your third visit and your third super awesome review .
Abby and Raymond we enjoy your stays so much and do look forward to seeing you in 2014.
Have a wonderful Xmas and New Year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

My family and friends stayed at the Avocado Grove in late Nov 2013 and we were "wowed" by its rooms and service. The place was absolutely cosy, extremely clean, peaceful and beautiful, but what truly stands out were the attentiveness and hospitality of John and Sonya. We were greeted by the couple upon our arrival and immediately they made us feel at ease and "at home". They gave us some tips on the nearby places of interest and brought us around their fruits plantation.

John and Sonya are a terrific couple and good cooks too, We had 3 course set dinner and a breakfast. The meals were delicious and the dessert makes us speechless.

We wished we had stayed 2 nights as 1 night was too short. We will definitely stay with Avocado Grove for a longer period if we have a chance to visit Flaxton again.

John & Sony, thanks again for making our stay a memorable and pleasant one. Both of you are clearly doing an excellent job! Keep up the good work!

We would highly recommend staying at the Avocado Grove

Love, Doreen

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you Doreen for your super awesome review about us here at Avocado Grove. We so enjoyed meeting everyone, your boys were exceptional, you should be very proud of Ian.
Thank you for choosing us and coming all the way from Singapore to experience the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. If and when we get to Singapore we hope to experience your luxury Hotel.
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

John is an amazing host. He was very concerned to ensure that everything was alright and that I was happy. When I arrived he offered to make me tea, take care of bags, etc. When I had trouble getting phone reception (Telstra) he offered to let me use the landline. When we came back late he took the trouble to introduce us to other couples staying and offered us wine, tea, coffee, etc. It is not really surprising that everyone staying there seemed to be having a fantastic time! Basically John is incredibly accommodating and friendly and I was quite frankly amazed at the lengths he went to make sure I was happy. I didn't pay anywhere near 5 star prices but we definitely got 5 star service and hospitality.

We stayed in the Shephard room, which has a lovely view of the mountains and sliding door out onto a large verandah. The bed was super comfortable and the room was very quiet. Being a B&B the room is pretty simple in terms of furnishings, the website has a very accurate description and pictures. I didn't realise I had booked the only non-ensuite room, but this was not really a problem. Everything was spotlessly clean and tidy. The breakfast is very comprehensive and John will prepare it at the time of your choosing. One thing they don't mention is that they have free WiFi!!! That was an unexpected bonus.

The location of the B&B is actually a lot better than I expected. Off the main road, and very short drive north of Montville and Kondililla Falls. One of the main reasons I booked this place, is that the rates are extremely reasonable in comparison to other accommodation in the area, and they also allow one night stays on weekends. This makes it very appealing to people travelling on a budget (like us!).

The only real 'problem' I had was that despite instructions, I had trouble getting the shower temperature to regulate. It seemed to have a mind of its own in terms of hot and cold! I'm sure if I had mentioned it to John he would told me how to fix it, but I did eventually manage to wrangle it to stay 'warm'.

We have already recommended this place to family and friends.

Room Tip: Shepherd room does not have an ensuite bathroom. All other rooms do, I believe. Shephard and Reed ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. Although I cant put a name to the review , I am pleased that I made your stay here as comfortable as can be. Yes, now and again guests do book the Shepard room in error, not realising that the bathroom is seperate, if availability we are happy to change the room. Regarding the shower, you need to run the hot tap first and gradually the cold tap. I appreciate your time in writing such a detailed review and thank you once again. John
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife found Avocado Grove on the web and it certainly lived up to the good reviews. The self contained unit on the lower level was clean, comfortable and roomy. The location is ideally suited for exploring the surrounding area from Maleny to Kenilworth. But the highlight was the beautiful breakfasts, and the evening meal shared with the pleasant company of the other guests, and later our hosts John and Sonia. The dining / lounge area is beautifully appointed, with quality art works and a stunning view. John, who has spent his working life in the hospitality industry, offered to prepare a variety of dishes for breakfast, but I couldn't go past the Avocado Grove Special – superb.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, pick any one.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you Ed and Joy for taking the time to write such an excellent review for Avocado Grove.
We enjoyed meeting up with you and sharing conversations, and we do look forward to catching up again. Thank you so much.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Avocado Grove in September as we attended our nieces wedding. John and Sonja were lovely hospitable and very friendly couple. Our room was wonderful extremely clean and comfortable and the breakfasts were lovely cooked by John each morning. We would highly recommend staying at the Avocado Grove thank you from Nora and Myles.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you Nora and Myles for writing an amazing review on your stay here at Avocado Grove. It was lovely meeting you all from Leatherhead, I do hope its not too cold there at the moment. Have a Happy Xmas and New Year and we hope to see you all again
Winton, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We recently stayed at Avocado Grove for a family wedding. We have never stayed at a B & B before and from our experience with John and Sonja we will defiently staying with them should we be back in Flaxton. The rooms ( we booked 3 to accommode 6 adults ) were all very clean & comfortable. The breakfast was amazing and they were very happy to meet special dietry requirements. John and Sonya have the ability to make you feel that you are very welcome and nothing is to much trouble. The Gronola that they serve with breakfast was made by their daughter and very, very nice. It was a very relaxing & restful stay with them. Definity made the trip worth remembering and have recommened it to friends and other members of our family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you Renelle for taking the time to leave us an amazing review about your stay. We enjoyed meeting all the family, and you never know we might just make it up to Winton one day.!
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Avocado Grove with my parents who are both aged 90. John and Sonia, the owners, were amazing. I very much appreciated their care and compassion for my parents. The rooms were excellent. The evening meal and breakfast were outstanding and the view from the verandah was peaceful. We could not have asked for more. I would definitely recommend Avocado Grove to anybody and I have already told my friends about the excellent service and tidiness of the premises. John and Sonia are perfect hosts.

Room Tip: Three rooms upstairs, two with ensuite. One room downstairs. Ask for the ones with the ensuite and o...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sonya B, Owner at Avocado Grove B&B, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you Peter and Jan for the incredible review you have given Avocado Grove. Both John and I enjoyed meeting you all, and look forward catching up again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flaxton
Clouds of Montville
Montville Mountain Inn Resort
Secrets on the Lake
Secrets on the Lake
#1 of 9 in Montville

Been to Avocado Grove B&B? Share your experiences!