“Mother's Day Lunch”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We attended Flaxton Gardens yesterday for Mother's Day This has been our third visit to the restaurant. It was absolutely beautiful. The food was spectacular, beautiful views, and incredible service. Between the five of us, we each ordered a main, and a dessert. We noticed a slight delay in food service, I think because the place was fully booked. However, this did not bother us - we were having a great time enjoying our day out- the venue is just truly beautiful. The staff were so friendly, and were making a huge effort to keep us happy (probably making this much effort because they were aware of the longer-than-usual waiting times). They kept apologising to us and I feel that this may have been the result of obvious abuse from other table patrons. There were some people being extremely rude and swearing at staff, which we were appalled to see - especially on Mother's Day. There were stations set up around the restaurant grounds for kids to play, and adults to mingle around wine barrels, clearly set up to entertain guests during the food wait. This worked well for the most part - for those that took advantage of them. The beautiful weather helped too. Overall, fantastic day out!! Would recommend this place to anyone, based on the delicious food and second-to-none service we received.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Having been told by friends that this was a great restaurant and location I made a
Reservation for Mother's Day and was persuaded to take a 1:30 late sitting due to being busy that day.
I accepted that there was a set menu as it was a special day and thought that the food would be out quickly.
Well we arrived at 1:45 and were served starters after an hour.
Our daughters children's meal was not even served despite several requests to bring it as soon as possible.
We asked waiting staff several times for our meals, eventually at 3:30 we told them if they weren't here in fifteen minutes we would be leaving.
At 3:45 we left when our main meals had still not arrived.
Staff made no attempt at service recovery. We paid for our drinks and starters and we drove into Montville and ordered pizza we were so hungry.
So what was supposed to be a memorable experience turned into one for all the wrong reasons.
The restaurant was over capacity, there was poor service and it seemed to be all about the money. Shame really especially after the personal recommendation. Perhaps just avoid for special occasions.

2  Thank gb2gh
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was the best place for Mother's Day, not only was the food fantastic but also the service. The owners have a very special place and are very special people. Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank Naomi D
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was lucky enough to attend a wedding on 03/05/14. It was the best wedding I have ever attended, not only did the wedding party look amazing and the whole venue was incredible it was the Staff that made my day, I would highly recommend this restaurant for any type of function. The food was incredible and was served on hot plates!!! Every type of dish was delicious. I am so looking forward to my next visit to Flaxton Gardens.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Delicious food - my fish and my husband's beef were cooked to perfection, and the most delicious vegetables I've tasted in a long time. Beautiful wines too and excellent service, can't fault.

1  Thank AGL2309