“Cute decor & good food in Mortsel.”
Review of Voorspoed

Voorspoed
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Mortsel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

found this cute little place during my stay in Mortsel. we took a table on the patio and my friend was nice enough to translate the entire menu for me, as it was in flemish. we had some delicious roasted marcona almonds and patatas bravas to start, and for my main course i had filet mignon with french fries which i thoroughly enjoyed, and my friend had the seasoned prawns. the best part of dinner was the speculoos tiramisu, which made my toes curl. i don't know why this is, but every time i ordered an espresso macchiato in belgium, i received a latte? in italy i'd order a macchiato, and get...a machiatto. anyway, to sum it up, this place is deelish, and it's not this restaurant's fault the entire country is making the wrong coffee drink.

1  Thank amylaic

Reviewed September 21, 2013

"De Voorspoed" was a breath of fresh air several years ago in Mortsel, nice food and nice looking restaurant... you only had to wait a long time before food was served but it was worth it!

I have visited this year "De Voorspoed" again 3 times hoping my friends and others were wrong saying it is not that good anymore...

But 3 times they failed to meet expectations or achieve the quality they once had. Beginning this year and this month I ordered a steak saignant and twice it was cooked too long also my compagnons who ordered the same had a bien-cuit steak rather than saignant!

Also not children friendly, no chairs or childrens menu (like f.e a simple pasta bolognaise).

For the prices they ask you do expect value for money....

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I ate a swardfish just perfectly coocked not dry. Only a few know how to cook this. Normal price. Just a litle too much noise from the street but i think in rhe evening it gets better

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Voorspoed used to be my all time favourite restaurant. They served amazing food at fair prices. But a few years ago, they renovated the building, and when the restaurant reopened again, prices on the same meals had gone way up (about 4 euros per plate). It's a shame really. The food is still delicious (I've been going there for years and have ordered pretty much everything that's on the menu, without there being a single disappointment), but I can't help feeling it's a tad overpriced.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We've chosen this restaurant because 2 of us have a coupon from Vivabox, bought for 50 euro. However, when we pay, we were told that the coupon can only be used as 40 euro. We feel a bit cheated because for except the coupon, we get only 2 small tapas plates and a small bottle of oil in the vivabox, which according to me nobody wants to pay 10 euro for.

Cheated by Vivabox or cheated by the restaurant? That'll be a difficult question to answer.
The food is good and sfeer is nice (until the payment) if you choose the table next to the (open) window when there's sunshine, Service is fast and correct.

Would the restaurant take the coupon for 50 euro instead of 40, we would have a more positive impression on this restaurant.