“good fun”

Wild Coast Sun Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Port Edward
Reviewed June 25, 2014

a great family destination.we cant stay away .it going to be our 5th stay here. u are 5 minutes away from the great out door on horseback to unspoilt beaches .there is 4 game reserves close by. water fun.....we love the combination of high end hotel with a rustic environment ,

Room Tip: sea facing is always the best ...dolphin watching
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Resrvation GTDRESV / 47775863 / FSONTSWAYI
Stayed over the past weekend for my wife's birthday which was horribly spoilt. Upon booking the room we requested room drop for my wife which never happened. When I asked at reception, they knew of nothing. I asked for the sleeper couch to be made, never done. Porters standing on cell phone while I am struggling with luggage. Dirty unkept public areas, staff lounging around, Water World shuttle had to be called twice, some staff sitting in guest benches at welcome centre told us the driver left for the day at 15h45... noise in passages, no greeting of guests the best I got was 'howzit'...!, soap scum, dirty grouting. With such a nice revamp the staff should at least wear proper uniform and be hospitable. They seem to be allowed to do just what they want to... look at 'monkey notice' spelling!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jacojacobs50
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I recently spent a week at the Wild Coast Sun hotel with my family, and it was a memorable experience. Friendly staff, great food, and awesome entertainment for kids.
The family rooms were spacious, and the view is amazing if you have a sea view room.
The water-park although busy on the public holidays, was quiet on the other days. Good attractions nearby too, unspoilt beaches, and the Waterworld watersports area on the lagoon provides great fun at good prices.
A great place that caters for everyone in the family.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room, close to the pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I visited the wild coast sun with my family. We spent the day there and had a wonderful time. We had dinner at squires restaurant. My father found a hair in his meal.
He mentioned this to the waiter who denied it was a hair and my father removed the portion of food and continued eating before finding another hair. We spoke to the manager who was defensive, rude and argumentative. He continued arguing even after we paid and left. He made us feel belittled and embarrassed. He refused to acknowledge our concerns. My father was very upset and so were we for his sake. He has a heart condition and the incident was very stressful. It was clear that the manager and staff do not care about the customers! Please avoid this restaurant. We alerted the managers of wild coast sun who agreed to have a meeting with the manager and nothing else. No letter of apology, nothing!

Very disappointing!

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank indiansaffa
Gary P, Manager at Wild Coast Sun Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Indiansaffa

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and frustration you experienced during your recent visit to the Wild Coast Sun. We appreciate hearing about any problems as this gives us the opportunity to try and resolve them.

Your comments have being passed onto Squires ,please se there response below.

The guest complained to Marvin at the start of their meal about a hair in his meal, he accepted that the fact that it was not a hair which Marvin explained it was from the baby corn. Only once they all finished their meal did the lady complain again and asked for the a discount after I took the “hair” to the kitchen and confirmed it to be from the baby corn and tried explaining it to them. I did discuss this Chris from F&B.

Regards

Gary Pinchen

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Thought we would take the kids for a fun afternoon as it was raining. What a disappointing experience. The cinema has not been working for months apparently, there's only one restaurant to sit in and there is no security in the children's arcade, to the point where we found drugs on one of the seats. We left soon after that. Felt we could not let the children out of our sights and will not go back!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbie L

Dear Debbie L

The cinema unfortunately is awaiting a new system that comes from overseas,and i know it has being out of order for a while, once recieved we will be able to offer a better standard of movies and more update.

In regard to the drugs i do beleive our security manager has being in contact with you over this incident.We do not condone any use of drugs on our property and if the perperrators are apprenhended they will face severe action from he resort.

Regards

Gary Pinchen

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed at the hotel in January 2014 and it was a very enjoyable stay for three nights. The rooms have been renovated and are modern and comfortable with a pleasant bathroom. The surrounding gardens and sea are gorgeous and the pool area a great place to spend the day. If you're into theme parks there is a water world type place around the corner with a discount for hotel guests with enough slides to make one giddy with excitement (I'm not a theme park person so it did not do much for me). The only downside was the restaurant which was open for dinner, it was buffet which did not look to appetising. The other choice was to go to the arcade where there are other fast food places and a seafood restaurant. Given that the hotel was not busy I was not inclined to eat at the restaurant where the waiters looked half asleep, I decided on room service which was tasty, a toasted sandwich in bed and a pecan pie for desert. Very yum. There is a fridge for you to keep some drinks cool and tea making facilities. Overall given a room rate of just over R2,000 a night, I would have preferred more choice in the food department, but all in all a nice place to stay, but I wouldn't for more than 3 nights. One last thing, the pool towel lady is great fun, you will get a happy new year smile and a high five before been handed your towels for a lazy day at the pool!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I went to the wild coast sun for a work conference, I had a beautiful room with a lovely bathroom garden facing with monkeys running around outside.
The meals were very very nice and great conference facilities.
The water park was great fun, I did not use the casino.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 1 in San Lameer
Beach Motel
Beach Motel
#1 of 6 in Ramsgate

Been to Wild Coast Sun Hotel? Share your experiences!