“Great views”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Only had some cocktails - service was good and view was great. Next time will maybe try them for lunch since menu not too shabby.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Pub-diner whose major draw is the location (overlooking the Indian Ocean). Food is the usual generic SA pub fare (burgers, fish and chips, steak, surf'n'turf), which comes in decent portions. Food quality is good. Was a bit soulless at time of our visit, but this could be to do with the season.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Rating Beach Bobbies was extremely difficult! Let me explain, Port Edward is my second home, I have been visiting Port Edward since I was a child in the 1970's and I am now lucky enough to own a little property there so visit regularly. Beach Bobbies has always been my favourite restaurant, mainly because of it's location right by the beach, overlooking the Indian Ocean where I have often spotted dolphins and whales ...... the food, however, is extremely variable, ranging from excellent to terrible! I don't think the chefs are to blame but maybe the suppliers?? For example, I have had fabulous, juicy 100% beef burgers on some occasions and flat, cardboard like "horse" burgers (as we say in the UK) on others! I have given Beach Bobbies 4/5 as I have had more good meals than bad and it is my favourite location to eat in Port Edward. My last meals there in Oct 2012 were not so good, but I am a loyal customer and will be visiting again on my next trip to Port Edward in the hope things have improved again!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Was there for breakfast. Service slow, had no buns for the burgers. Ordered a bacon and egg sandwich - toasted, was dry, no sauce, no garnish. Also ordered a beef tramezine, mustard was so hot we thought they put peri peri on, but server assured s it was mustard. After 4 th bite it got too hot,send it back and told the server we did ot enjoy it and was not prepared to pay for it. She wouldsend us the ma ager which never came. On receiving the bill we had an ammendment of 10% off the tramezine - a whole R5.80! I looked for the manager and said is was unacceptable, he said "what do you expect - it's mustard". He was pompous, selfritious, and arrogant. Says that since is appointment the business is great, and that he is sick and tired of the locals making demands. Funny thing is we are tourists........ Don't go, save yourself the disrespectful treatment.

3  Thank Weltrvld
Reviewed October 7, 2012

WOW, Bruce you really know your stuff. Sunday Lunch was perfect, my fav place to eat.
again food was brilliant, service first class, and will be back again and again.