“Such a lovely place to stay !”
Review of Redwood Lodge B&B

Redwood Lodge B&B
Ranked #3 of 12 Westbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in December 2012. From the minute my colleague and I arrived we were made to feel very welcome by all staff members.
Both our rooms were fantastic - both immaculate and incredibly spacious with lots of extra little bits to make our stay more comfortable.
I really liked the fact that our rooms were both so individual and felt very personalised and homely - so much nicer than staying in a generic hotel!
The breakfasts were out of this world and we felt very looked after by everyone.

I would recommend Redwood Lodge over and over.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the house and could see Westbury's White Horse on the hil from my wi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ema H

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were looking for somewhere to stay close to Longleat and came across redwood lodge. I actually called to make the reservation and it was Sandy that answered the phone. She made me feel relaxed and was so pleasant on the phone. When we got there her hospitality continued from the moment we arrived till the morning we left. Everyone was so friendlyand helpfull. The hosts, family and staff. Nothing was a bother to them.Sandy told us nice places to go for eating also places to visit. Her home which is also her buisness is so beautiful, the room that we had was very clean and comortable. Nice to have the tea in the rooms for tea jennies. The cooked breakfast that Bubba cooked was just superb and plenty of it. My grandson had taken a shine to Sandy and has been asking when we are going back to the ladies house. If we are down that way again we will definately book with the friendly welcoming hosts. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: IM sure all the rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela D
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I missed my train connection from Westbury on a Friday evening. Next train 9am tomorrow morning.
I don't know the town or the area and I was stranded.
I walked up the road with my suitcase, stopped for a pint at the nearest pub and asked about a nice, affordable B&B nearby. Half a dozen people must have said "go and stay with Sandy" so I did.

When I left early next morning after a good nights sleep and an excellent English breakfast Sandy said in parting "thank you for staying with us, have a safe trip home."

Genuinely nice people who maintain traditional standards of Innkeeping.

The locals in the pub were spot on!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ArgyGrubLover
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I paid 45 quid for one person which is rather expensive. However, the room was so beautifully decorated that I felt like I was in a historical royal room.
one thing I have to say , this place need new doors ! front door, room door, even the bathroom door were just a pain to open or close.
And excellent service!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank mercury_wpc
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We were on holiday from Australia and were visiting friends in the area and were recommended Redwood Lodge as a great B&B. What a spot on recommendation, couldn't fault anything. Sandy and Dave plus the staff couldn't be more accommodating and the food was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MMLE
Reviewed March 22, 2012

“From the moment they arrived they were greeted with the warmest of welcomes and waited on hand and foot, nothing was any trouble for the owners Sandy & Dave; including understanding and doing everything they could to accommodate our 23 guest. When came to ordering food which is all fresh and cooked on the premises. The decor was immaculate, especially in all of the rooms which are all en-suite all spotlessly clean., This was more like staying in a hotel than a b&b! Could not have asked for anymore than the incredibly high level of service we got and at such a reasonable price too! Will definitely be returning here!!”
Thank you Sandy & Dave for your hospitality & service, our family all loved you and your home. regards Lil & Bill

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lilian P
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed at Redwood Lodge on New Year's eve. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. There was a wide choice for breakfast and the staff were very helpful. This B&B is extremely good value for money and I would have no hesitation recommending it to others.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family