“Great Holiday”

Kirman Arycanda de Luxe
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Okurcalar
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We (my wife and I) stayed at this hotel in May 2011 All Inclusive for 2 weeks.

It was fabulous, the food was great, there were many eating and drinking places within the hotel and it's grounds and many varied menus (even one small place that cooked fresh turkish "pancakes) for you.

There were water slides and it had it's own private beach.

If you walked 100 metres you could catch the bus and travel without the costs of excusions.

The only people I met who complained about this hotel were those who wanted British people and British food (they should have gone to Bodrum or Spain) and those with children who wanted British speaking friends to play with.

It was around 5 - 10% British with mainly Germans and Russians and as long as you allowed for how the different nationalities are everything was superb.

If you want Britain abroad then this is not for you but if you want a great holiday with great food and a fantastic experience (in a foreign country) then it is superb.

I am a little late in putting in this review but after seeing some of the lesser reviews given I decided to give people my opinions.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Howard_Warrington

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Modern hotel with nice big rooms, but service is bad, tended only to Germans. Alcohol cocktails are all unpalatable, bartenders only be rendered without thinking about the taste. In reception while I went for coffee disappeared my computer bag and no one even hotel meneger did not engage search and did not want to watch camera recordings. The beach was great with a view to the little island.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank NauryRiga_Latvia
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The hotel quality is fair. More a 4 star resort. The staff works very hard and is friendly. A tip in the restaurant is appreciated, you will get a better table, nicer wines and a smile.
Rooms are clean, not that big, but acceptable.

Not a lot to do outside the hotel. Some shopping on walking distance, but no bars or restaurants..

When it rains, they've got a problem! Most of the entertainment is outside, also the Bar is not "waterproof".

The very noisy Russians form the biggest problem in this resort! I do not want to jugde about all the Russian people, but when we were there, they acted very anti-social, trashy, and were very drunk in the evening, bothering other people...

The most shocking was that when my husband went to the toilet, in the evening, he was offered some kind of "service" by Russian girls.

A nice hotel, but attracts the wrong people..

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Lindaatje
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We went this hotel in August 4th 2011 , I can speak Russian, and English, my husband only English. I found many times when I asked something hotel stuff in Russian they didn't always understand, but never had problems speaking English though, so if someone says go there if you Russian or German... completely disagree, and we also met plenty English people there and had fan. Also disagree if someone says only Pepsi soft drinks and no Coca cola products....it is no true , you can have as many as you can. Only what you need to pay are fresh juices and turkey coffee...besides this you get just other drinks and normal coffee ... And if you want nice bottle of wine with your dinner you have to pay as well...
About rooms.... nice and cleaned all the time, cleaning every day... no each second, as someone mentioned, fridge refill every day. The only thing , if you want nice view from your window, prepare to pay extra 50 dollars, but it worse it. And ask for room on the same level where reception, so you don't get frustrater with lift (quite busy). Don't forget to leave 1 dollar tip , which is nothing, but you will find nice surprise when you come back in hotel number after relaxing spending time on a beach.
Over all grate hotel.
Minus - cocktails are really bed ...

Room Tip: any room with see view, and don't worry about noise....It is holliday!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was so worried reading all the bad reviews for this hotel after me and my partner had booked it! PLEASE do not listen too them!i dont know what they are talking about! first of all yes we did notice there were not many english guests.....so what who goes to turkey to expect english people everywhere??! and the staff were more than helpful and the english they spoke was all they needed too to communicate.Our rooms were lovely and spacious with a great view of the pool / beach. They were cleaned every day of our weeks stay and fresh towels every day too! The food i could not fault there was so much too chose from from the buffet restaurant at breakfast and dinner and the lunch grill was amazing with so much variety! i was eating four meals a day and they were all different :-) The spa was so lovely and relaxing and the treatments very reasonable! The beach is a minute walk down from the hotels if that where you are given beach towels from the spa which they change for you when needed. The water is clear and the sea is lovely and warm, but me n my partner preffered to relax by the pool most days as is was lovely and hot! got to 40 degrees every day for a week (from 6th september 2011). I can highly reccomend the 'Manavgat waterfull trip' booked through your rep...amazing views and a lovely boat trip lunch, beach and market all in one! Overall i would definetly go here again for another relaxing holiday with guaranteed sunshine and great hotel!!! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea / or pool view room
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LAURA S
Reviewed September 15, 2011

we had a great time in this hotel =)
rooms nice and clean.
food deliciuos =) especially grilled meat =)
they have an inside pool
beach is very clean.
we really recomend this hotel
on thing we didn`t like is the stuff in the reception desk
My partner had his birthday during our stay in Arycanda and we didnt even get a card saying happy birthday =/ it`s a pity because in every hotel we were before they gave him a cake or some gift =/
all in all it is a good 5* hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I read alot of reviews on this hotel before going and I was slighty apprehensious after reading them. Yes there are mainly German and Russian families on holiday here, and the staff speak very little English!! but by the same token they can get along which is more than I can say for ourselves and of most English people. We just don't do our bit to learn other languages and just expect to go abroad and everyone should speak our language!! so I went with this in mind and it was fine, the reception desk does have someone who speaks quite good English and for the rest of the hotel staff they do there best to understand. The guy in the spa spoke very good English when talking us through all the treatments they had and also in the little gift shop they also spoke fair amount. I found them all very helpful and very humerous, messing around taking my sons hat and sun glasses whilst serving drinks that kind of thing. Very polite always a hello and a smile. The food was in my eyes as a caterer myself, very good, plentiful and caterered for everyones needs. No complaints from the 4 of us and I have a fussy daughter but she ate very well. Yes there was certain foods tried during the week that did not appeal to our taste buds but there was plenty of choice so never had a bad meal/experience!!! drinks flowed all the time. The swimming pool is fantastic, I usually prefer the sea/beach but found this beach a bit to shingly so we did the pool everyday and it was never over crowded. This hotel is exceptionaly spotless inside and out, one of the best I have experienced. What I can make out there was not alot of entertainment in English, again catered for the Germans/Russians but cannot really comment on this as we were quite happy sitting in various bars having a few quiet drinks.But in all I can not say enough to praise this hotel as it was OUTSTANDING, we had a fabulous holiday. Infact my 13yr old daughter and 22yr old son want to go back next year.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family