See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I highly recommend this excellent hotel, I could enjoy every moment of my stay, the staff is friendly and helpful, the food was brilliant, the garden is lovely and the sea is in the back garden. I wish I could stay for a longer period.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Animini
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I have just come back from a two week all inclusive holiday at the Stella Beach Hotel with my wife and 4 year old daughter.

May I just say that if you are looking for and English holiday package this hotel is not for you even if you go through Thomas Cook. German, Russians, and other eastern cultures use this hotel. This did not phase use as we are well travelled and sometimes it’s just nice to get away.

The Hotel itself looks a bit dull from the outside frontage but don’t judge a book. Upon entering the hotel you are greeted buy a huge hall which is quite impressive to look at. The room that we were allocated was near the front of the hotel but we did have a sea view of sorts. The room itself was large with a large double and a bunk bed AC unit, fridge and a TV. The TV itself did not have any English speaking channels but Euro News did keep us up to date with current affairs English sub titles provided.
The tiled bathroom had a bath and power shower toilet and sink. We did not have any issues with the water and hot water was readily available. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis bottle water and fresh towels supplied every day

Food was very good from my point of view. Breakfast consisted of various pastries, breads and continental dishes. Fresh eggs, boiled and fried were readily available with some cold meats and sausages, hotdog style though. You also had a selection of cheeses and salads. Lunch and Dinner, you were very spoilt for choice. We counted everyday a selection of hot and cold food ranging from fresh salad of over 30 dishes, fresh grilled fish, Lamb dishes, Chicken dishes, Beef dishes, Rice dishes, types of couscous, fresh cooked vegetables, grilled vegetables. Outside grill bars also had burgers, chips, Kebabs and other Turkish delights. You also had an afters counter with various cakes, pastries, fresh fruit and desserts. Ice creams were only served with Dinner mainly because of the unruly foreign kids. Lets put it this way we could of easily stuffed ourselves. All meals we had a selection of soft drinks, fresh juices water and teas. Plates were cleared from the tables as soon as you finished the staff were very friendly. Remember your please and thank you.!!!

Alcoholic drinks were served from 10.30 till Midnight. These were from a pool bar, inside bar or the patisserie bar. When the staff knew we were English we were quid’s in. Please and thank you remember.

The hotel has 2 pools. A kiddie’s pool 40cm deep and a bathing pool 140cm at its deepest. They are cleaned every night. The larger of the pools have 3 water slides which were turned on various times of the day which I found strange 10.30 till 12.00, 14.00 till 16.00. Poolside beds are a bit hit and miss really get up early enough and you can get one. This was about 6.30 for me but you could retire back to your bed safe in the knowledge that you have one.

The Beach is mainly a stony shoreline and the beds situation is the same as the pool.

Warning. The sea has a bit of an unforgiving nature as the shore slopes of really quickly. 2 Metres out and your out of your depth. It also has a bit of an undertow.

Entertainment came in the form of the Animation team, which is mainly made up from Turkish, Russian and German staff. Most could speak English. Some names that I can remember were Alex, Sabrina, and Mahmud. Entertainment came in the form of poolside antics, morning pool aerobics, water polo, darts, volleyball, step aerobics and many more only thing was these were done the same time every day. Kiddies club was held everyday which they did various things however our little one missed out as they only catered for non English kids.

Night time entertainment varied from Slapstick European comedy, Bingo, Mr and Mrs Stella Beach, Kiddies disco but after a time got very groundhog day so we retired to the patisserie bar back onto the veranda.

The hotel is situated on a busy road about 50 kilometres from Alanya which is the main town. A bus service will pick you up from just outside the hotel and take you into the heart of this town for about 4 Tl or 2 Euros. Like most Towns of coastal Turkey they become alive at night. May I just say do not visit Coroes restaurant as suggested buy Thomas Cook Rep as it is a rip off. The best place to go in my mind is the Queens Garden in the heart of the town or Big Bens English Bar. The last bus back runs at 23.00 and later on the weekends. Taxi are quite expensive so if you miss the last bus expect to pay about 50, 60 Tl (£20) ish. Haggle if you can.

There is also a Grand Bizarre which is about 2 miles from the hotel which has a free bus service which runs on the hour. An ATM machine is 1.5 miles away from the hotel all to the right. The local bus will drop you off at these places for 2TL to 3TL.

Overall We enjoyed our Holiday and stay at the Stella Beach. Would I go back?...

Yes I would but for only a week to 10 days. 2 weeks was too long.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank rustyukPortsmouth
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I already saw many sunny places in Europe and in Afcica coast too, but I never forget for Turkey. Staff was very pleasant, rooms realy clean and food was cool as well /otherwise_that trip was all inclusive inc. alc. drinks, but I never had any stomac problems from food or headakes from local alc. drinks/. Simply it was nice holiday for that value. I recommendet that hotel_superb.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Pavol_Slovakia
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Returned from two weeks at the Stella Beach hotel on 9th July.
My advice is do not go to this hotel. It has taken me more than a month to write this review as I wanted to erase the holiday from my memory. It was the worst holiday I have ever been on. From the day we arrived I was scared that one of me two sons (aged 13 and 17) would go through the glass banister on the landing. We were on the fourth floor of five. My husband a blacksmith checked the banister and found it shaky and unsafe. I am horrified to see a pane of glass fell from this floor just prior to us arriving. The day after we arrived we all took upset stomachs resulting in my 13 year being hospitalized for the rest of the first week of the holiday with an infected gall bladder. I had to travel on two buses daily to the hospital and back to visit, not pleasant in 44 to 49 degrees
The entertainment is terrible and for English speaking people is almost non existent. If you enjoy loud, loud repetitive music you may enjoy the entertainment. There is nothing for teenagers apart from one pool table which incurs an additional charge.
All hotels near by are also Fully Inclusive so you cant even go to another hotel for better entertainment. Unless you want to travel you are stuck at night at the hotel.
Booking a sun lounger and umbrella is almost impossible unless you want to stay up after the entertainment finishes at 11pm and booking a lounger when everyone goes to bed.
The food is dreadful, mostly aimed at the Russian holidaymakers who are the main users of the hotel. If you are not in the restaurant early the food is also cold. Breakfast is not worth getting up for. Ice cream is only given out at dinner time. AI local beverages include: Vodka, Gin, Raki, Whiskey, Lager and Wine. Anything else incurs an extra charge. The 24 hour lobby bar shuts at 12pm.
If you are allocated a room at the side / back of the hotel your views are of the bins which smell.
I have been to 3 star AI hotels which are far superior to this hotel.
On a positive side the staff, are very nice and helpful. The indoors bar staff could do no more to make your stay worthwhile.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 29, 2008

just returned from trip to stella beach(alanya turkey)hotel,hotel was very very nice&most of staff were fantastic,grounds&views were 2nd to none(breathtaking),the pools are fab&trip to med sea virtualy a stones throw away&sea activities brill,food was good,large selection on offer at all meal sittings(although i never got to brekkie)because of nightlife,thats were holiday went bad,it was all catered for everyone,bar english speaking nations,every - thing was for the russians in general,we paid good money like everyone else,but nightlife&entertainment were bad,i suppose we could have went straight to bed after dinner,but thats not a holiday,i like to experience the nitelife,but that was no no,you have to get a bus from hotel if u want to go out of hotel,we did ask the entertainment team(who we got on with brilliantly)for 1 night only something for everyone(i e karaoke)as everyone sings karaoke&they promised us they would do it the nite after next,but guess what,they never bothered,so i think that wrapped up whole holiday,there was nothing after dark for us which really upset my 11 year old son,who hated it as soon as it got dark, cause there was nothing to do except go on 30to 55minute bus ride to find something to do,so i wont go on anymore as it might put alot of people off,but i only wish they would cater for everyone & maybe we would all have loved it,just ashame alanya is actualy 1 hour away in sweltering heat on a bus,but at least the weather is brill all summer long&locals so friendly,ps,please let people see review,then it might help it become the best resort in europe,cause i for one would love to return in4or5years if it catered for everyone including plunge.xx

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jinky1967