“Worth the money”

Arabella World Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Incekum B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I read the reviews and was dreading it. The hotel was clean and the rooms wereclean and modern. The staff were friendly and even the manager was quite witty. The animation team were great But not to everyone's taste. The food was very Turkish most of the time and very nice. The beach bar food was nice but the best food I would say were the made to order pizzas at the snack bar. I read on here that there were no shops nearby but I found a ten min walk I was in the town full of shops and restaurants. Across the road from the hotel( yes very busy and noisy road) were lots of shops too. I also read that no-one spoke English, but they do, most very well, alanya is a german tourist area and caters for them ( just like marmaris caters for the English) nico and otto from the animation team spoke excellent English ( nico actually speaks 7 different languages). You get what you pay for and this hotel is well worth the money, it's Turkish and offers turkish all inclusive, if you want ice-cream and burgers all day long, go to Spain as Turkish all inclusive is quite simply breakfast lunch dinner, drinks and coffee and cake.

15  Thank Macyblue

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just got back from a weeks holiday at this hotel. Was worried after reading some of the reviews,but.thought we would wait untill we got there to pass judgement, decided that all the bad reviews have to be from people that want a first class holiday on a budget price,fantastic hotel ,great staff and animation team , food was a bit samey after a couple of days but plenty of choice pool.was great my two grandsons hardly left it, good location for shops a bit of a walk too beach.but worth it once you get there, the only downside was the main road outside but you forget about it after a while. Would definately go back too this hotel and area .

11  Thank diane196993
Reviewed October 13, 2012

firstly i would like to start with after reading the reviews on here, we were pretty much dreading what we would find but thought we would make the most of our holiday. On arriving at the hotel at 5am the receptionists were surprised to see us and were not expecting us till 2pm that day (fault of our travel agents) and also the time we were allowed to book into the room - any time after 2pm! The receptions did not speak much english but enough for us to understand them going out of their way to help us what with having our two kids with us one of which was 2 years old, grumpy and needing her bed! They sought us out the only vacant room there was left in the hotel which we were eternely grateful for as if they hadn't we would of had to wait in reception for 9 hours till our room was free. The rooms were basic but clean, lovely views out to see and across the town, pool was clean and great fun with the water flumes, my eldist son would of quite happily of spent his whole holiday here! We found all staff great in the bar area, shop and restraunt though all credit would go to the animation team who were great fun, trying to get everyone involved in games ect however not in a too pushy sort of way. Staff were great with our kids, even the doctor came out one evening to play 'ball' with our 2 year old daughter:)Yes the food was a bit different, but it was Turkey we were in so we expected it to be different. All in all, we had a great family holiday here and stayed in a great hotel with very friendly staff :)

9  Thank Lynsey M
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Ok so my girlfriend and I arrived at the hotel after we were almost killed by the lunatic driving the transfer bus in the main lobby to be met by a non English speaking man at reception telling me to hand over my passport. Went up to our room which was nice n modern. Couldn't work the air con, the fridge didn't work and TV was all in German or Turkish. Speaking of germans. We were the only English people there the majority were German and some polish and Russian. The animation team were rubbish and the food was horrendous, same everyday and all the salad was recycled and we noticed that flies liked it a lot more. There was wild cats in the hotel around the food and the alcohol was really watered down. And the "private beach" was really bunched up and had to pay extra for beer. All inclusive my backside!!!! Overall it was poor. Don't go there if you're English and like decent food.

8  Thank Eagarmizzle-LondonUK
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A party of 6 of us went, booked though co-op travel all inc. Got worried about reviews on trip advisor before we went but looked nice on hotels website. Got to hotel at 1030pm after 2 hour mini bus transfer from air port. 3 rooms booked under my name so would of thought all together. My mum and dad was taken away first, about 15 mins later the bell boy returned we had no idea where they had been taken and the hotel was in 2 buildings. We said could we all to together save waiting around so he crammed me and my partner, my auntie and uncle plus him and all our heavy cases in to a small glass lift (he was not English). The lift started to move then broke down shaking, he pressed some buttons and my partner was scared, the lift started to move again and yet again broke down between floors. My partner was scared as she said she wanted to get out but he didn't understand her.

When the door opened on the same floor we got out and he put us in another lift which of course done the same as was too much weight, me and my auntie laughed and the bell boy told us to shut up.. We got out as my auntie and uncle was still in the lift and went up with the bell boy still with us. We then had to carry our bags up 5 flights of stairs to our room, we had no idea where their others rooms were. The bell boy took us in the room and stood there with hand out, what a cheek to want a tip after that experience and us carrying the bags grrrr.

We went and asked at reception for the room numbers of our party and they only gave us one number but we found my mum and dad via our mobile. Auntie and uncle on floor 2 me and partner on floor 5 and me mum and dad on floor 6. Went to get a drink and a snack as was hungry from flight and 2 hour transfer but the all inc stopped at 11pm and it was 11:15pm so went to bed.

The food was not too bad, breakfast was cerials and lovely fresh bread, salads, cheese and meats and also sausage, scrambled eggs, freshly made pancakes,fried eggs and omelets made outside on griddle.

Lunch was in redundant salads and meats again with selection of different dishes inc rice,chips lots of different things in sauces and lots of deserts to choose from. Also a snack bar down stairs you can have a pizza made for you with chips and salads very nice.

Dinnertime 7:30pm had BBQ out side cooked different things inc chicken, meats all very nice, lots of deserts too i would say something for everyone.

Drinks
Coffee machine and juice machine, bar open from about 11am-11pm all inc option has wine,beer,gin and vodka and of course soft and hot drinks.

We learned that people do not que at all here its all push and shove, you will wait for the coffee machine in a line then someone will push you out the way and put cup in the machine we call it the German elbow.

Rooms
Cleaned everyday spotless and tidy, made our blankets in to shapes, best to put towels etc in bath if you want them changed. Only one English channel on TV world news but didn't need TV. Had lovely view over the pool with balcony but noisy at night till about 11pm when all stops.

Entertainment
Swimming pool very nice 3 FAST flumes and pool bar, animation team will ask if you want to take part in games or darts or fitness in the pool very friendly bunch and worked so hard during our stay. We did find out that they only have a month contract but was a good laugh and tried to help us in english as much as they could. Check out the Turkish bath and also the 7D cinema room in hotel very good

Beach
On website states under subway which it is then a longish walk to the beach which has beds and beach and snax bar and cover too. Walk seemed shorter once we knew where it was.

Around the area and trips out
The beach is very nice and warm water with little fishes swimming about, nice clean HOT sand the music sometimes spoils it though which comes on about 3pm (club style) You can Jet ski and banana boat parasail etc if you wish for extra.

Our rep we met on the first day, she was very nice and friendly and advised us on the area and trips out, i would HIGHLY recommend jeep safari and also river boat. AVOID TURKISH NIGHT. Long story short crammed in a mini bus over full, taken to place not told where to go or what to do , no one was english, hot food was served cold so couldn't eat it tried to contact rep who didnt reply. Dancing was good but didnt eat a thing which was inc in the price of the trip VERY DISAPOINTED...

All in all

We would rate this holiday 7 out of 10, nice food nice clean hotel with lots to see and do, forget the English for a week but some of the staff are really nice and we helped them learn some english and had a good laugh with them. If you go in to Turkey expect to barter with them if something is 20 lira offer 10 etc.

Room Tip: Pool view is a must, hotel is half round my auntie was on the side so only saw other hotel and road...
5  Thank Trev C
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was really worried when I read he reviews for this hotel after I booked but although the hotel had it's faults overall it was pretty good, so here go's:

The slides are open from 10-12 and 2-4 which was plenty.
The food did get a bit repetitive but I think you find this with alot of all inclusive hotels, and I think they really should invest in a toaster at breakfast time. But they did fresh pancakes and omeletes every day of the week along with salad and cold meats and scrambled/hard boiled eggs etc. They didn't have much choice for dinner or tea but we always managed to find something. They also had a pizza place that did pizzas made to order included in the all inclusive.
The beach was about 5-10 minutes walk under the underpass but I have a buggy and I managed ok and when you get there all non alcoholic drinks are free at the beach bar and they even put on some lunch if you want to stay there all day but get there early as all the sunbeds get taken, you just have to carry it up the steps as the ramps are too steep. The rooms were lovely and towels were changed everyday and beds made up. The hotel was very clean. Sorry can't comment on the alcohol because I didn't go away for that sort of holiday only had a couple of lagers at nite and they seemed fine to me. The coke was abit watered down and very fizzy but defo drinkable. Lemonade was much nicer. The staff don't speak much english but we got by and the entertainers speak every language including english and they made sure that no-one was left out. No entertainment on a sunday though. The restaurant staff were lovely always chatted and amused the kids. We had a lovely time and we would defo go again.

Room Tip: Ask for the new block as the rooms are much nicer, and more modern.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

just returned from a 10 day all inclusive, hotel nice and clean, but oh dear what a nightmare, food was terrible chicken every night cooked different ways and as for anything else to eat, ok if you are german russian or turkish. staff did not speak any english and were rude or ignored you. quite a walk to the beach and local town. was surprised slides were only open 4 hours a day with no lifeguard. entertainment poor because all in russian german polish and turkish. why they fly the english flag i'll never know because there is nothing english about this hotel. would not go to this hotel again if they paid me!!!

3  Thank fussymestoke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Incekum
Lonicera World Club & Beach
#5 of 13 in Kargicak
Mysea Hotels Incekum
Mysea Hotels Incekum
#4 of 5 in Incekum

Been to Arabella World Hotel? Share your experiences!