“Ideal for clean. economical, and safe stay in Brussels.”
Review of Housingbrussels

Housingbrussels
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Schaerbeek
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My title speaks mostly for my experience, but beyond that, it is within walking distance of the KaaiTheatre which is close to the Canal and the Leopold Tunnel. That meant that I could leave my car in the hotel secured parking lot for a nominal daily fee and not hassle with the problems of parking and paying (maybe even tickets!).

The room itself is completely furnished and the kitchenette has everything needed for complete meals--another hassle and time saving feature if one gets tired of pommes frites and mussels every day with waffles for dessert.

So again I say, if you are looking for cleanliness, economy, and safety for your person and or your car, this is the place.

Professor J. A. M.

Room Tip: I was happy I had a room overlooking the courtyard. I can imagine it is more aesthetic and quiet th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank James485

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Absolutely superb hotel. Our room was large and well equipped - fridge, tea/coffee, excellent wifi and tv options. The staff is extremely friendly and forthcoming. The breakfast is magnificent - a wide variety of any food you may ask for. I will go back to Brussels and definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Laurens007
Reviewed September 13, 2013

When my company booked me into this hotel I was put off by the name - it sounds kind of generic in English and not in a nice way. But I accounted for the translation difference and was pleasantly surprised. It is very clean, comfortable and convenient (for me, the regional office of the company I work for was nearby). The staff was outstanding, and all spoke very good English. Hotel Housing would not be a place I would stay if I was a tourist wanting to explore all the wonders of Brussels, but for a business trip it was more than acceptable. Would stay again if my company forced me to go to Belgium again. No, that doesn't sound right... Belgium is fine, it actually has some decent attractions. I saw the Atomium! And the French (Belgium?) fries are stupendous, especially with Mayonnaise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in June. It was a great place - nice room, nice bathroom, staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good.

It can be a little difficult to find, and it's about 20 minutes or so from the main areas in Brussels. But, the price was good, and everything else was great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in Housing Brussels, and got very mixed feelings about this place....

First of all, even if i booked a double room in the hotel, i got an apartment in a nearby block of flats, managed by the same people..So be aware, the hotel has other 3 locations in the neighbourhood, except of the main building..
Managed locally, more like a family property, you get nice food for the breakfast..They also have a very nice garden where you can start your mornings...Another plus was the fact that they offer you free intl telephone for up to 10 eur/day which was good, plus fruits, soft drinks and beer from the main fridge in the kitchen during the day...
But this is where all things stops...and you have to decide what's better for you..as the place is out of the city center, you can only travel by bus from the area of the hotel...
All in all it worked for me this time, but i dont think i will stay here next time....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank neamtzu
Reviewed June 20, 2013

During our short visit in Brussels we stayed overnight in this hotel in Schaerbeek. The experience was much beyond our expectations: the apartment was really spacious, well equipped and in all respects in impeccable order. The service was very courteous and helpful. There is a bit of a travel to the centre, but we found the location quite tranquil, pleasant and easy to cope with. We really had a good night's sleep and thoroughly enjoyed our short stay. Warmly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am somewhat hesitant to give a positive review as I am afraid the place will be more difficult to book for me in the future :o).
As a frequent Brussels traveller I think Housing tops my list of favourite places to rest. Location for sightseeing may not be the best in class esp. if you consider the Metro being essential but if you do not mind a little walk to the big M or are not hesitant to take the bus no issue at all. Anyway, the bikes you can borrough for free at the reception will take you faster anywhere within a 3-4 km radius in Brussels traffic.
The hotel is not a classic grand hotel but appartments currently used as a hotel. Nice benefit: there is a large living space area which you share with max 3-4 other people (which you rarely see) incl a small kitchen and public PC.
The guys at the reception are great and really helpful, the free snacks and drinks should be introduced everywhere, esp in such "cheap" food cities like Brussels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Herff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schaerbeek
FunKey Hotel
1 mi away
Hotel BLOOM!
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode

Been to Housingbrussels? Share your experiences!