“Small, reasonable and well-equipped”
Review of Hotel Plasky

Hotel Plasky
Hotel Plasky
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Schaerbeek
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel seems to be in the middle of an upgrade, and the effects are already visible. The decoration is modern, pleasant and practical. The smallish room was well organized and had everything I needed. Wifi is free and so is the bottled water in the mini-bar, which is a nice touch. Breakfast was surprisingly varied and generous. The people were lovely. People who don't know Brussels, need to be aware of the location though: it was perfect for me because of the location of my meeting, but would be inconvenient for someone focusing their visit on the centre (although it really is not difficult or long to get to the centre if you know how the Brussels transport system works). Brussels is infamously short on reasonably priced hotels, and this has a good quality/price ratio. It is very likely that I would stay here again. The only negative points I would give the hotel are on attention to detail: my room was freshly decorated, but the shower curtain was old and not very attractive (and not quite long enough for the shower). There was no towel rack near the shower. My window overlooked the back "garden", which looked like an abandoned lot full of weeds (and the materials for their current building works).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Hotel Plasky is a family run hotel in a residential area in the Schaerbeek suburb of Brussels.
There is neither restaurant nor bar in the hotel; a couple of restaurants are in walking distance, including an Italian/pizza place. I dined at the Lebanese restaurant which was quite good and reasonably priced. There is also a Carrefour supermarket nearby.
Just outside the hotel there is a tram stop and also a bus stop (bus 63 gets you into the centre of Brussels in approx 20 minutes).
The rooms I have stayed in could do with some refurbishment (some wear and tear on the carpets and in the bathroom) however they were spotless clean.
There is free WIFI and the water from the minibar is free, too.
Breakfast is simple (waffles, yoghurt, sliced ham and cheese, this sort of thing) but adequate.
It is a bit old fashioned in that you hand over the keys at reception when you go out.
The reception is open 24 hours and the staff are extremely nice and friendly, nicest hotel staff I ever met actually.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BOnBiz
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I had last stayed here in 2007. I had need to return to Brussels and thought, I wonder, should I go back? I am so glad I did.
Yes, I was remembered. Yes, I was warmly welcomed; It was like coming home.
The simple efficiency, comfort and hospitality are rarely found in Brussels - from the tales of woe I have heard from others.
The Hotel Plasky is a joy to be shared and I am delighted to recommend it. But, being in Brussels, they do get booked up quickly!

Room Tip: All staff are fluent in English
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Nice, small Cozy place,I had two friend who were Visually impaired with me and the staff took good care of them, over all it was a good experience, Nothing very ext ordinary or WOW about it but it was fine.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Would not stay here again, Breakfast was very poor,we arrived at 9.45 and requested more scrambled eggs as not enough for 3 of us, manager said he would have more made, 25 minutes later NO EGGS, gave up on breakfast, second day no eggs at all , when i asked why they advised that eggs were only provided weekdays because we pay more for the room, when i explained that we did not get our eggs the day before (which was a weekday) the receptionist said that the manager told her we got down to breakfast late after 10.00! i was infuriated the time was exactly 9.45 - myself.sister and 77 year old mother were called liars!! i did explain that we can all tell the time but still they called us liars. Customer service was shocking!! rooms ok but bar was a warm fridge that was not turned on containing a bottle of water and a can of coke. Not enough tea or coffee in the rooms - torn shower curtain and damp on the walls. This hotel is overpriced as it is a low class dump and i would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DDM1077005
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This is a very simple hotel with small rooms. It is rather expensive and far from the center, but for a 1-2 days stay it is okay. The only good point to be emphasised (other than the hotel was clean but this is a must) that they have free wifi.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

breakfast ok
airco perfect

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank businessflats
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schaerbeek
Hotel 322
Courtyard Brussels
Courtyard Brussels
#1 of 3 in Evere
Gresham Belson Hotel

Been to Hotel Plasky? Share your experiences!