Hotel Plasky
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Royale(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)
$76
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsnice hotelexcellent value for moneyplace to stayairportbrusselssuitcases
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised and satisfied. My room was small but my colleagues had quite big rooms, some even with balcony. The room was tidy and clean, everything was placed very handy. Cable & wifi internet, bottled water, coffee & tea, TV (incl. English channels), iron available for free. Had a great sleep. The buffet breakfast was very tasty with fresh juice, fruits, pastry. Nice & helpful staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Valerie272
Reviewed September 26, 2009

This hotel was an excellent choice. From the airport it was 3 euro on bus 12 and a short walk - immediately to the left and then right from bus stop, at the Plasky rotary the 2nd right. The people were at any time of day or night very helpful and nice (I asked for my invoice at 2 a.m. and it wasn't a problem). The rooms may be small but for a solo traveller quite sufficient. A few extras - an iron and board in the room, a hot water kettle and tea/coffee, free water in the mini bar which was replenished in one day. The breakfast was superb - such juice, coffee, eggs, delicious croissants. As a single female traveller the neighborhood was not at all threatening which I had heard here about other hotels for similar prices. Smokers - don't worry. Ask for a smoking room - you just might get a balcony! Stay here. I certainly will.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank CatinRzeszow
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I had business in the area where the Hotel Plasky is located. Otherwise, I'm not sure why one would choose a hotel in this residential section of the City. It's a 20 minute bus ride from the central part of town where the tourist areas are.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. We had made reservations via e-mail and everything was in order when we arrived. When the maid forgot the soap and toilet paper in our room the situation was attended to immediately. The lift to our floor was barely big enough to accommodate my wife and I and our two suitcases.

The room was quite small, with just enough room to walk around the queen-sized bed. There was a small desk area and one chair for it. The TV, though, was a new, large flat-screened model. The room was nice and clean, although the carpeting was pretty old. The bathroom was spacious with modern fixtures and it was very clean. The bed was too soft for my taste and the single coverlet was too heavy for the warm weather. There was no air-conditioning but the windows opened to allow ventilation and there was a fan in the room if needed. Our room was quiet at night. An internet connection was available in the room; the service was free and worked just fine. Wireless was also freely available in the small lobby area.

Breakfast, included in the room price, was nothing fancy but was adequate for us, including scrambled eggs, sausage, and a variety of fruits and rolls. There were quite a few good restaurants in the immediate neighborhood. A market and a bank were also very close by.

The bus to the city center, mentioned above, was right outside the front door, with frequent service. Just 50 meters away was a station for several tram and other bus routes.

Overall, I thought the staff did very well with a hotel that is past its prime.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank swj
Reviewed April 4, 2008

This was the second time I stayed here and it is a perfectly acceptable hotel for a short stay. I really don't recognise the other review recorded. I suppose that the decoration of the room is a matter of personal taste, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. The only minor drawback is that the rooms seem naturally quite warm, but you can switch off the radiator and open the window while you are out. I closed it at night to minimise the street noise, but with it closed it was fine.

The breakfast is basic, but perfectly adequate. I found the service friendly with helpful directions to local shops - contrary to the previous review there are supermarkets nearby, within 5 minutes, where you can buy water! The hotel also booked taxis readily for me, which arrived promptly.

The tram network is very close (2 minutes) and the metro is less than 5 minutes away on the tram. The EU buildings are not on the doorstep, but I would have thought that they could easily be reached in 20-30 minutes. The hotel is particularly convenient for the Diamant conference centre (less than 10 minutes walk), which, incidentally, is excellent value for money with good facilities.

Overall I felt that the hotel was good value and my overall score was enhanced by the "after sales" service I received. I left a pullover in the wardrobe, but didn't realise for about two weeks. When I realised I emailed them , they found it, still in the room, and posted it back to me free of charge!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank John_Sh56
Reviewed August 10, 2006

First, the good points: The Plasky is situated in a very pleasant residential neighbourhood. It's quiet, and feels a lot safer than some areas of Brussels. I travel to Brussels fairly regularly on business, and I have stayed in much seedier and unfriendlier places. The staff at the Plasky were polite and courteous. It's pretty easy to get to from the airport, as the area is served by the airport shuttle bus.

However.... It's a good 15 min bus ride or 30 min walk to Schuman (for the European institutions), and even further to the city centre. Don't bother with the Metro as you have to take the Metro and a tram as well to get there and back. There are hardly any convenience stores/corner shops/mini-supermarkets in the vicinity, just bars frequented by the locals, so you're out of luck if you're looking for somewhere to get a bottle of water or whatever.

And then there's the actual hotel itself. The rooms are hideously decorated, with the nausea-inducing green-and-white speckled walls proving particularly unpleasant. There is no air conditioning, so if you're there in summer, you will boil alive. The breakfast is terrible; you may as well not bother. Service was not great, either.

In short, don't stay here unless you absolutely can't find anywhere else (that's how I ended up there...)

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank LaRosaB