“Excellent experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of bed & breakfast Zinneke

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koekelberg
bed & breakfast Zinneke
You added bed & breakfast Zinneke to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 4 Koekelberg B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed in the suite, which is roomy and cozy at the same time. Everything from bedding to bathroom is spotless.
There are little surprises in the drawers and nooks of the room, so aside from being lovely, helpful , discreet, and a great breakfast maker, Geert also has a great sense of humour!
I have to agree with some of the other reviewers: shhhh, don't tell anyone how great this place is! ;-)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ornot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I loved staying here. Great location and the rooms are sooooo spacious. Geert is a great host and a mine of information. Perfect base for a visit to Brussels and totally relaxing experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

This B&B really delivers in terms of cost, convenience, and vibe. I stayed for over a week in the Bobby suite, which included a lounge, a bedroom with a very comfy bed, a terrace w/table and chair, and a great bathroom with a glorious tub and very excellent shower (US residents, it's a "real" shower). The host, Geert, makes great scrambled eggs, provided me with good advice, and also left me alone when I needed it. I'm a writer, and sometimes I just like to hole up and do my work. Geert was there when I needed him, but respected my privacy otherwise, which I appreciated. Here are some tips for the neighborhood: 1 block away are three things essential to a visitor: 1) a good pastry shop -- Sirre; 2) a good deli, Luc et Christine; 3) an efficient laundromat. The laundromat works in this way: you buy tokens that cost 3.30 euros a piece, which you use in the washers, and then the dryers cost 20 cents for 6 minutes and 50 cents for 10 minutes. The instructions are in Dutch/French, but I figured them out okay, and there are always some nice women doing their families' laundry who are friendly and helpful. If you walk two blocks to the bus stop on Libertie, you can get a bus to the Simonis station or the the Etang Noir station -- both are handy for connections. Now -- here's one thing -- I'm in my late 40s, and I did find that the walking around and stair climbing (only 1 flight) was a bit much for the long haul, but this B&B would be ideal if you were young, fit, and/or had a car -- there's free parking out front. All in all, staying here was a great experience, and I would recommend it, especially if you want to get a sense for the way that actual people live their lives in a Brussels suburb, away from the tourism so prevalent in the center of the city. On the other hand, if that's your scene, then you probably would want to stay closer to the Grand Place.

Room Tip: The Bobby room is up one flight of stairs -- if you have mobility issues, that might be a problem; b...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank chatto
us
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My brother and I visited Brussels for 3 days in May,we were absolutely looking forward to staying at Geert's BnB before we got there,judging by the beautiful pics on its website.
There is not even a tiny little thing we could complain about,everything was exactly as planned/described/anticipated and even more!
Geert (our host) did an excellent job giving information on how to get there and was always available for sightseeing tips and bits.He was friendly,welcoming and polite with a good sense of humor.
We stayed in Brel s room-top floor-,everything was spot clean,bathroom was spacious,we were even provided with choice of shampoos and bodyfoams.The room was comfy,nicely decorated and cosy.Flat tv,selection of music,movies,books etc although we were on a tight sightseeing schedule and didn t spend much time resting in the room.Breakfast was lovely,still trying to burn those delicious chocolate croissants' calories :)))
Metro is within walking distance,neighborhood is safe,amenities close-by.
I know I am for sure staying there when I go back to Brussels and I am definitely recommending this place.

Room Tip: Brel s room is a nicely decorated loft
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank melrosie
Nagoya, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

It was a fantastic experience to stay here. The host is very kind and the rooms are clean. Very comfortable. it surely is one of the best B&B I ever stayed in Europe.
The rooms we stayed consisted of a living, a bedroom and a bathroom, all spacy and comfortable. The bathroom is wide and it has a bathtub. The host is kind enough to answer any questions about Belgium.
The location may not be best but you can walk from the metro station. Not bad for a long stay.
Conclusion. We surely recommend to stay at this B&B.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I found this B&B by accident online and was so happy to get to stay there. The room we stayed in (Jacques Brel room) was spacious, very comfortable beds with a huge bathroom, TV and DVD player (you can borrow Geert's DVDs!). Geert is a wonderful host, interesting and very happy to tell you about how he refurbished his gorgeous house. The breakfasts were so good, we didn't want to stop eating. It's also in a nice, out of the way neighbourhood. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Ukiah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I stayed at this B and B for five days and truly felt like it was a home away from home--far away from the intensity of downtown Brussels with my room facing a quiet courtyard. Excellent sleeping conditions, big spacious apartment, lovely bathtub (just like home), wifi, books, music. Gert was not serving breakfast during my stay but always had an eager ear and a cup of coffee to share with me when I returned from my travels in the area. There is a lovely park right adjacent to the B and B as well and an easy walk from the Metro. It was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank karentoby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Koekelberg
Hotel Frederiksborg
Hotel Frederiksborg
#1 of 1 in Ganshoren
3.5 of 5 stars 112 reviews
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
Brussels Hello Hostel
Brussels Hello Hostel
#1 of 2 in Koekelberg
4.0 of 5 stars 288 reviews

Been to bed & breakfast Zinneke? Share your experiences!