“ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!”
Review of Eurocap Hotel

Eurocap Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jette
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Booked this hotel as close to Brussels travelling from Vienna on the last leg going home to the UK. We arrived at around 3 am and was in constant contact to make sure we could check-in around that time. When we arrived, there was no one at the reception desk and we had to wait for about 15 minutes until he appeared ( bearing in mind I have driven all day from Vienna with my wife and two kids). When we went to our room (roadside) the room was ok...or so we thought! we were so tired that we just wanted to change our clothes, brush our teeth and sleep. The toilet was moldy with rusted corners on the shower. When we were about to lie down (there was two double beds), my daughter noticed aq black thing on the curtain and on one of the beds. Upon closer inspection, I found out it was bed bugs!!! There was more than two on each bed and they were big! we immediately went down to reception to complain and on our way down the elevator we were with a mother and maybe a 2 year old boy about to check out (around 4 am). The receptionist was chatting with the father and it took about 10 minutes before we were attended to. We explained about the bed bugs and he came to our room to have a look at the beds and curtains infested with the parasites. On the way up, he took the stairs and my wife and I took the elevator, we noticed that someone urinated on the elevator. The level from which the urine was ejected made us think that it was the little boy earlier. We also showed this to the receptionist. He saw the parasites on the beds and curtains and we asked to be transferred to another room. The receptionist said that all the rooms were fully booked except for one but the bed in that room was broken. One of the leg of one of the beds was broken. We didn't have a choice as we were dead tired so asked to have a look and inspected the room. Thankfully there was no parasites in the room except for the problem with the broken bed. We transferred into this room just to have a few hours sleep. At around 8am, we went down to reception and spoke to a different receptionist as they have changed shifts. He said that the other receptionist told him about the situation and offered to repair the bed in our room but there was no guarantee it will be fixed that morning. We said we just wanted to check out as it was really beyond words what me and my family experienced. He apologized and said that if we wanted, we could complain to the owners who where currently in the middle east. He told us the owners where from the middle east. He encouraged us to seek compensation but we decided against doing so. In the end we transferred to Ibis hotel which was a few kilometers away. We informed booking.com about what happened and thankfully we weren't charged for that stay. I know this review is a little bit late but just found the pictures of the parasites and I thought I'd share them with you. We were supposed to stay there from August 9-11, 2012. Sorry there was no option for these dates when I did these review, they might have improved but I'm not gonna book to stay and find out.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Nirvana231976
There are newer reviews for Eurocap Hotel

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very friendly staff, very clean room with kitchenette, very quite place. Few things to choose from at the breakfast but it was good. Very few hotels in Brussels offered breakfast when I made the booking.

As a downside I had an electrical panel in the room which mas making a notorious noise. I wasn't really bothered by it, but some people will probably be.

Overall I think it is a good value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catalin_Ciurea
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights the rooms were nice and clean and to a good standard of decoration. Nice and quite with a good nights sleep. Buffet breakfast was OK cereal, bread, cheese.
Down side was its on the edge of the city with a bus ride of 20 mins and then 2 metro trains to get into the center that takes around 40 min.
Great hotel but a bad location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night after visiting Brussels. The room is good! We had a quadrupple room: two queen beds, sufficient space to get around, a nice kitchen with fridge and microwave, which was a welcome surprise after many hotels in Europe without that.
Internet was available and worked well.
Parking space was available, but the spots are very small and you have to be careful with parking in, but I'm from North America where everything about cars is big.
Reception was good and friendly.
If you're not used to driving in European cities it may be a bit hard to find. A GPS or a good map is certainly recommended.
It is on a not so busy street, which is nice.
I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AS1166
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the hotel twice since it was a convenient location for where we needed to go. It is a simple but nice place, we had a renovated room that included a kitchen with microwave, fridge, range, coffeemaker etc which was really great. The staff was very helpful too since we asked to have the same room for our second stay and they changed our rooms accordingly. The breakfast was very good too and has evrything you need for a good start in the day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Micha1610
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here for the 1st time and I loved it despite hearing a lot of negative feedback from the other volunteers billeted here by the NGO I work with. I arrived in March and it's an upward trek toward the hotel if you're coming from the train depot. The front desk staff are very pleasant and will give you the wifi password even before you ask for it. Nice! I was given a room in the attic and it was adorable....spacious with clean, crisp sheets and retro artwork on the walls. The breakfast buffet has adequate selection. That said, this place is far from everything...restaurants, supermarkets, bars and especially sights!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in this hotel, It is in the area of Jette outskirts of Brussels. It has very easy connection to the Outer ring .
It has a kitchenette and refrigerator ... Free parking + Free Wifi ... and a simple breakfast ...
To travel to center you need to take bus to Simonis metro station and then take the metros to Grand palace .. over all journey is about 45 min from the hotel to Center.

If you have car you are at an advantage . you beat the City traffic to travel to other places outside of Brussels like Ghent , Brugges and Antwerp. .

overall it is a value for money stay....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jette
Ibis Brussels Expo-Atomium
#62 of 198 in Brussels
Best Western Hotel Expo
Best Western Hotel Expo
#159 of 198 in Brussels

Been to Eurocap Hotel? Share your experiences!