“I encourage you to stay here!”
Review of Courtyard Brussels

Courtyard Brussels
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Evere
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I stayed at this hotel, traveling across Europe with the Trafalgar Tour. This is a great hotel. The rooms are clean. The breakfast was good. Only thing missing, you have to pay for internet service. To me, that is minor if I have to chose between paying for internet or a clean room. Hands down, I chose a clean room. I will stay here when I travel back to Brussels, Belguim. The location is fine, not within the square. However, it is quiet and peaceful. Further, the rail system is in front of the hotel if you decide to travel to the square.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Brussels

Reviewed August 25, 2010

I come to Brussels once every 3 months or so for business in the Machelen area and I always stay here or the NH Brussels Airport (depending on price and availability). As with most of my stays at Marriott hotels, the Courtyard has always made my stay enjoyable.

The rooms are up to the chain's standards with big, plush, comfortable rooms, even at the lower end of their price range. After the flight to Brussels, I am always looking forward to crashing out in the big, comfortable bed that I know is waiting for me.

The location of the hotel is so-so, but for my needs when I am in Brussels, it is good enough. There are two grocery stores within 5 minutes walk from the hotel, so it is easy to pick up a few things when I arrive. The proximity to the airport and Machelen area office complexes makes it very easy for getting to early morning meetings or flights. My only complaint about the location is that it can be a bit of a hassle to get in to the city center from here unless you feel like taking a taxi or using a city bus. I usually do not travel in that far when I am in town, but for those occasions when I do, I would prefer if there was a train station near by to avoid the 30-50 EUR cab fare.

Overall though, still very pleased with the hotel and will continue to use in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed in this hotel to visit Brussels for 3 nights in August. Booked it because it was fairly priced and previous experience with other Marriott properties has been excellent.

Location: the hotel is not in central Brussels. The area is called Evere Parc and appears to be a mixed office building/residential area, safe and clean. it is not anywhere near the airport (walking distance) but rather about 15 minutes by bus/car. Airplanes can be seen taking off/landing in the area, but there was no noise in the hotel. The hotel operates a shuttle to the airport but it is very overpriced at 7 euros. You can get to the airport for 3 euros using the pubic transport (bus 21-stop close to the hotel) in about 15 minutes. Central Brussels are accessible by public transport, buses 65/66 and the bus stop is called Evere Shopping. The ride is about 25 minutes with normal traffic and takes you directly to the central station. It is a bit long, but manageable. Beware that the public transport instructions in the hotel website are not accurate at all. Nearby there is a very big Carrefour to buy any supermarket goods you need and opposite to it Delhaize too. Major corporations and NATO in the area can be accessed by car easily, so if you are here on business, the location is good. Tourists have to bear the 25 minute ride to central Brussels.

Cleanliness: not much to say on this, the room was spotless, and maintained like that everyday. excellent and very friendly housekeeping.

Rooms/Sleep quality: the room was very comfortable, big double bed with nice linen, we heard no noise. bathroom was normal size, excellent functionality. there was also a desk, TV set. The rooms have a fridge which is handy to keep supplies (the hotel has a small shop operated by the reception but the supermarket around the corner is naturally cheaper - prices not bad in the hotel though).

Service: here our feelings are mixed. as said the housekeepers were excellent, the reception staff was excellent too, very willing, helpful and polite. They are doing great work there. But we had a very negative experience at the hotel bar during our stay. We went to drink two glasses of beer, asked if there was food to order, and we were said it was too late. We bought some Lays chips from the hotel store and started enjoying our drinks. The bartender seemed bored from the beginning, unavailable to clean tables and take orders, so we had to go and ask him for the beers (but nowhere did it say the bar was self-service). We didn't bother much with this, but here is what happened: the hotel had a variety of heinz sauces on a table and many guests were taking a bottle to try with their drink or even to their room. Some had even taken like 3-4 small bottles to their table to try. Thinking it was free as everyone else did, we got one to accompany our chips. at this point the bartender started yelling at us that sauces were "only for clients" (i guess we were not clients paying for 3 nights in the hotel and for the beers in the bar and chips in the reception) and that "there was a problem with people taking the sauces as souvenirs in their rooms" (was that really our problem, he could simply lock them in a cupboard if they weren't available for the guests or mention it to the particular guests). of course we left the bottle but told him we cannot be responsible for the actions of any other guests, and that we did what everyone else was doing in the bar. Either the sauces were there for free for everyone to get or there was a price tag for them and we would be happy to pay for one. we left the bar and complained to the reception too. the receptionists were very kind and professional, but i doubt whether this issue was really resolved. we would give one star to the service category because the bartender was extremely rude both in his words and in his tone but for the great professionalism of the rest of the staff.

Breakfast: we also had breakfast included in the rate, the buffet was good, had a good selection of most things available in a hotel breakfast though it was poorer than other places we have been. also on sunday some stuff was replaced a bit slowly. Pancakes and waffles could be of better quality.

Value: the hotel is very clean and a good value, if you have to be in the area or you have found a nice rate for it and you don't mind taking the bus to Brussels. the bar staff surely needs to be less rude and ruined a quite positive experience. Also the shuttle is very overpriced, and there is a business center with pc in the ground floor, but guess what, it is not free and costs 5Euros for 15 minutes. Plus internet is very expensive (didn't bother to remember the actual rate because we didn't use it but prices are far out of this world). Overall, good but nor without problems. we would recommend the hotel if someone has to be in the area, but the rudeness of the particular staff didn't make us feel welcome and i doubt if we would return.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Enjoyed my stay at the Brussels Courtyard - stayed for a total of 6 nights over a two week period in July. I use the Marriott chain a lot, and have found the Courtyards quite variable - this one is at the top of the range. In many respects, it is up to the standard of the main Marriott hotels. Good rooms - spacious, everything always in a good state of repair. Housekeeping was faultless - rooms spotlessly cleaned every time. Sound-proofing between rooms and double glazing makes for a reasonable peaceful night, and of course the comfort of a Marriott bed which for me takes a lot of beating. About the only criticisms I could make are that very few of the rooms are equipped with kettles. Oh - I almost forgot - the staff were consistently excellent, they understand the meaning of customer service really well. Congratulations Courtyard Marriott - you did really well

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I've had a very nice experience in this hotel and I highly recommend it to anyone, expecially business travellers. Very comfortable, good rest. The only bad thing is that you have to pay extra for everyhing - extra Eur 22 for breakfast, and even for internet connection which I find a bit too much to ask.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I was supposed to stay in this hotel for bussines purposes. I BOOKED AND PAYED ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE via internet (it was very important to stay in this particular hotel where the venue of my confference was). When I arrived I have been told that there was no room for me. They said they have two booking systems and this somehow left me (and some other participants ) with no room available. I was shocked!!!! But how is that possible?! I have made all my arrangements in advance and due to their unproffesionalism it was not enough. Such a disappointment. Instead of focusing on my materials and work I spent half an hour trying to sort it out. They offered me accomodation in nearby Mercury hotel which was not 4 star but 3 star hotel(aiming at 4 but still not having it). After some arguments I asked for compensation and although they promised it I still have not received it. I hope never to experience such amateurism. One is sure I am not staying with Marriot any more.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank viktornone
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed in the Marriott last night and have organised a conference here today. I asked if I could access the internet and they said yes and gave me a code. I noticed '€19.95' written on the piece of paper and asked if that was the cost to use the internet. The conference organiser said yes so I told her I didn't need it. She said I had to have it now because I have ordered it.

So, I decided to put my very expensive internet access to good use and give a couple of highlights from my stay so far!!

Firstly, there is no tea or coffee in the rooms here, pretty poor by any standards.

Secondly if you have a room overlooking the ally down the side of the hotel I suggest you ask to move as noisy deliveries start from around 6.30am.

Then the shower in my room did not work - reception offered to send someone up but no one appeared within half an hour of me calling, I don't know if anyone came after that as I had to leave.

I had breakfast at 8am and all of the bread was stale. When I asked if they had any fresh I was told no and that the bread was always like this.

During the conference, the lock on the door to the room is the same as the hotel room (once closed it can only be opened from the outside with a key). I was not allowed a key to the room so as customers arrived late I had to knock and disterb the presentation each time or get the receptionist to open it. I chose the later and on the third time it was eventually decided that I was now allowed a key.

The attitude of the staff here absolutely stinks, they just couldn't care less about any of this.

I would not recommend this hotel for their rooms or conference facilities.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank VickyBowers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evere
Courtyard Brussels EU
Renaissance Brussels Hotel
Radisson RED Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
#2 of 15 in Ixelles

Been to Courtyard Brussels? Share your experiences!