“Base for Brussels”

Courtyard by Marriott Brussels
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Evere
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Always stay at this location during our annual northern European visit. Convenient to the airport but not too close,and early check-in is usually available for when you arrive on a transatlantic flight at 8am. Very extensive breakfast which is pricey (22 Euros) but there are enough deals for 50% off or included to make it worthwhile. Stay on the 5th floor or above for the quietest sleep. Also you walk through a park and pick up Bus 66 that takes you right downtown.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank msgtp

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Basic rooms, the nice design is limited to the lobby. Beds are not the regular Marriott bedding: this is much more basic here, although same price range as the Marriott and Renaissance hotels in the center.
Very noisy on the street side. No charm. Just business. Once you there you need a car or a taxi to reach anything else, so you would need to eat at their restaurant which is of acceptable quality, but definitely not cheap.

Room Tip: Avoid street side if you come here to sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

stayed in the hotel on my business assignment with local company. The experience was very mixed

Reservation process - so easy and straightforward with Marriott this time failed. It can happen but the way it was handled got something of Fawlty Towers air in it. At first the hotel suggested that my cc limit is not enough to make a payment ... Then that they going to cancel my reservation. After my little investigation with amex it become clear that the hotel attempted some unknown card instead of mine. This continued for a few days. All together booking issue was the subject of the day in my mailbox for over a week.

Reception staff was most welcoming and nice but still provided inaccurate information about shuttle bus pickup location. They say it is level 0 ... yes ... it is if you are lucky to be near the only one elevator which goes there. All others do not go below level 2 and got level 0 marked as staff only. I did try to clarify if I am in the right part of the airport over the phone but it did not work.

Shuttle bus is free but ... only one way, you are expect to pay for return. A driver welcomes you with confused: "It is me!" then starts to question your citizenship, your family situation and travel arrangements. Perhaps I am oversensitive here but it is not a sort of information I am willing to share to every person I see first time in my life. On my refusal to provide such information I was treated with "I am so offended" pose and declaration that I am trouble. I was unsure what to expect after such statement and felt that additional security measures during my stay are in order.

On positive note: restaurant staff was most welcoming and competent. Assigned room was nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Weesky
Reviewed July 30, 2013

stayed here for an evening on our last night in brussels because the website said there was an airport shuttle---site does not tell you there is an eight euro charge for each person in the van and it only seats seven people so if there is no room you must leave 40 minutes earlier. also on our van trip the driver dropped passengers at two separate places on the way to the airport, not a big deal but another little surprise. Water from their store was 2.50 euros for a small bottle.

room smelled terrible and ac could not be adjusted---shower was super though

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelguy500
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Decided to stay here vs an airport hotel right at the airport. Much quieter, a short 15 minute drive to Brussels Centrum where we spent the final day before departing home. Very surprised by the lobby and lobby restaurant quality of food and the nice outside bar. The front staff at check in we're phenomenal, we arrived early and it was all looked after. Underground parking. Rooms smallish but that's expected from a Courtyard, and were quiet and comfortable. A nice final stay for our family trip to Europe.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

It is lovely hotel, huge rooms and friendly stuff that this their best to assist us. Breakfast is nice, although I did experience more luxury ones.

The location is perfect if you arrive or depart from Brussels airport - just 10 minute drive by car. We visited the city during the day and just came for the night before morning flight so it was perfect. I don't know if I'd choose this hotel if I visit the city more.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here with points for four nights while we toured Belgium. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were really big (even by American hotel standards). The mattresses were fairly hard, but we were so exhausted each night it didn't matter! The location was very convenient, as we were driving outside of the city most of the time. It was close to the airport and highways. I was worried about how to get into City Centre, but the 66 bus is right around the corner, costs 2.50Euro each way, and takes about 30 mins. It drops you off a few blocks from the Grand Place. There were not many restaurants around the hotel (and the two inside the hotel weer quite expensive), but there are two grocery stores that we just bought snacks and drinks at to bring back to the room.

I was disappointed by the price of internet use, but was prepared and had global data set up on my phone. That's one thing Europe lacks behind the US, wifi access wherever you go. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sbenner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evere
Radisson RED Brussels
Hotel Metropole
#70 of 198 in Brussels
Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
Gresham Belson Hotel

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Brussels? Share your experiences!