“Brussels Hotel near NATO”

Courtyard by Marriott Brussels
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Evere
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Evere, northeast of Brussels several times per year and the staff and all personnel associated here are very friendly, caring and helpful. On our last visit I brought my wife and she was assisted by the staff in local sightseeing reccomendations as well as a bus guide.
The hotel is approximately 10 minutes by car from Brussels airport and maybe 20 minutes to central Brussels. On our last visit there was a national transportation stirke planned for the last day of our stay and the hotel kept staff overnight in rooms to assist travellers. When I returned from a recent stay before that I was delighted to discover the previous CRT tv's in all rooms have been replaced by flat screen ones. The breakfast buffet is costly but delicious and varied. We dined once at night for a late supper and it was very good from a limited menu.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel staff was extraordinarily helpful throughout my stay. The gentleman from Spain who was working the front desk when I arrived answered numerous questions for me with a smile and could not have been more welcoming. The shuttle drivers were always exceptionally courteous, professional and punctual.

Public transit around the corner takes you to Central Station in less than 30 minutes.

There's a Carrefour around the corner if you're looking for self-catering or European treats to bring back to the US.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ObservantGuest202
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This was my second stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Brussels (actually located in Evere, near NATO and not far from the city center of Brussels--about a twenty-minute bus ride.) Just like my previous stay in 2008, our room was comfortable, clean, and very spacious. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and english was widely spoken at reception. While traveling abroad, I like to at least try to speak the language, and the staff here was very receptive and kind in my attempts to communicate in French.
This time we came to Brussels via Paris so we didn't utilize the shuttle service but there is one available to and from the airport. Because my husband had a rental car for business, we did have to think about parking instead. There is an open lot near the hotel where you can park (for free, I think?) but upon check-in we were warned that auto theft was becoming increasingly problematic, so we instead payed for parking in the Courtyard's underground garage (I believe it was 16 Euros per day, but you may be able to get a better rate if the hotel offers any parking packages).
Since my husband was working, I spent my days in Brussels and Gent, which means that the only time I was really at the hotel was while I was sleeping. The bed was very comfortable, with plenty of pillows and a fresh duvet cover. The room also had a flat-screen tv, a mini-fridge, wi-fi, and a spacious and well-lit bathroom. Both stays our room faced the northwest (along Avenue Leopold III, with the Atomium in the distance.) This time, however, there is a new tram system that runs in the boulevard; the sound didn't bother me in the slightest (even from outside, I thought the tram was fairly quiet), but one of my husband's colleagues commented numerous times about how noisy it was from his room--maybe his room was on a lower floor (or maybe he just dislikes trams??) Regardless, if tram or traffic noise bothers you, you may want to request a room at the back or on a higher level.
For those who want to explore Brussels, there is a nearby bus stop within a 5-minute walk. You can take the 66 bus from Evere Shopping (on Avenue des Loisirs) to the Grand' Place/Grote Markt. You'll want the bus going in the direction of "De Brouckere". It's about a 20-minute ride to the city center. The reception staff was really helpful in printing out the bus schedule and advising the best routes.
While the area immediately surrounding the hotel is not especially "exciting", there are some good restaurants/pubs nearby. What the Evere location lacks in charm, it certainly makes up for in convenience, with public transportation to Brussels so close, and stores like Carrefour at the corner for any grocery/personal items you might need for your stay.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travellers (especially for those on business or for people who prefer to stay somewhere outside of the city center). Both occasions have been great experiences and I think fondly of Evere as a quiet, convenient place to stay and a nice home base for seeing Brussels and beyond.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Always very happy & cheerful staff front of house. Very clean rooms, excellent Marriott beds for a good nights sleep, large wide screen tv with iPad, USB inputs, free wi-fi for me !
Chef and food not fantastic, but nice Italian short walk down road. Breakfast too expensive at 22 euro, rip-off.

Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Booked a room with a parking and shuttle to the airport service. On the morning we left, we waited and waited for the shuttle to arrive. Turned out no service in this weekend. When wee returned again no shuttle service. Had to take a taxi for 25 euros. Heavy discussions with personnel and management. No refund, only rude unpolite treatment. When we got to the car, it was covered in a thick layer of dust. Turned out a company had cleaned the garage, leaving the dust layer on our car. Also beds ar uncomfortably hard and the bar is very expensive. Have visited Courtyards before, but this one Never, never again!!

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Adilupus
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This is a really nice hotel. The room was spacious, clean and fresh. The food was delicious! I had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel and enjoyed all the meals. The staff was really friendly and helpful. They also have a nice little fitness center.

This would have been a 5 star rating if it wasn’t for the bed. The mattress was one of those uncomfortable spring mattresses, where you can feel the springs in your back. Why don’t they add a mattress topper? Or at least make it available on request.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2012

There is lack of security and stuff was stolen from the breakfast buffet area and the person just went out and sat in the car and zooomed off. No boundary wall to the hotel.

Breakfast and dine is excellent.
fantastic spread of veg and non veg.
Worth a visit but take care of you belonging and make sure they are on your shoulder.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evere
Thon Hotel EU
Brussels Marriott Hotel Grand Place
Hotel Metropole
Hotel Metropole
#72 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Brussels? Share your experiences!