“Wonderful City Trip!”

Gresham Belson Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Evere
Reviewed November 6, 2012

About one month ago we went to Brussels and stayed at the Gresham Belson Hotel.
The reception was very good, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are good; large, clean and fully equipped.
I think we had a room with renovated bathroom, I loved the mosaic tiles.
Breakfast was great, lots of choice, they had everything you can imagine!
This hotel is not expensive and you get value for money.
Our city trip was wonderful! If we ever go back to Brussels, we will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ScheersN, Manager at Gresham Belson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Ms. Lambrechts,

Thank you very much for having taken the time out of your day to write such a wonderful review on our hotel. we appreciate any feedback we receive, especially when it is positive.

Such encouraging remarks motivate us to keep up to par with our good work and even to try to strive to do better. your nice comments show us, our employees and our guests that our efforts to improve have not gone unnoticed. we would like to thank you again for your kind words and we hope you will honor us with your presence again in the future.

sincerely,

The Gresham Belson Hotel
The Management Team

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Booked in by my company to attend a course.
Already wish I chose my usual Brussels hotel.
Room is shabby,
Wifi very weak.
TV impossible, even for a techno phone like me, to switch on. (Someone will be along in 5, 10 or 15 minutes?)
Curtains hanging off rail.
Cupboard doors badly scuffed
And all this after just 15 minutes of arriving.
Please let me go home!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Emeles,

thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It saddens us to hear your stay was less than our usual service.

The Room in question has been fixed and all broken parts have been replaced. As for the television, our rooms have recently been equipped with all new TV sets.

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay but truly appreciate your comments that help us improve.

We hope that despite your imperfect stay you will honor us by staying with us again the next time you are in Brussels.

Yours sincerely,

The Gresham Belson Hotel
The Management Team

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed in the hotel in Oktober 2012 for 4 days. I payed a high price because Brussels was crowded. The room had to single 80 cm wide beds, the mattress was 20 cm thick and far too soft, impossible to sleep well. The rooms to the street (corner hotel) are also far to loud because of the bad sound absorbing of the old windows.
The carpet in the room is blurry, the towels stinking like hell and the ventilation transport the smell of smoke everywhere.
The "fitness room" is an empty standard room with 4 very old equiment. The service is also below average.
I'll never stay there again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ScheersN, Manager at Gresham Belson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Mr. Mozes,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniencies you experienced. As a result of your remarks, we have acknowledged that the towels are no longer up to standard. Therefore we have invested in a complete linen change in the entire hotel as of 16th November 2012.

Our personnel on duty have instructions to respect the law that forbids people to smoke in "non-smoking areas" and to notify guests of this prohibition.

We have reminded to the staff about this delicate matter.

We have already acknowledged the quality of our fitness area, we are currently looking to renew the fitness equipment.

We hope that in spite of your unpleasant experience, you will honour us of your presence during your next visit to Brussels.

The Gresham Belson Management Team

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel overal for the purposes of business i would say is not too bad with free wifi throughout

However, on one evening myself and colleagues decided to take an evening meal at the hotel.
Please read and take note:
There is NO evening chef
The food is cooked on a small griddle behind the bar (i had a sneaky peek)

The chicken burger on offer is of the worst kind of reformed substitues (cannot even bring myself to call it meat)

The Cheese burger again is a frozen very cheap and nasty burger

The macaroni cheese was mocrowaved! (heard the 'ping')

We did ask the barman if the meat was fresh and the burger homemade, but he did not have a clue...

I really would advise you NOT to eat at this hotel!!

If you fancy a 10-15 minute walk down the main road (turn right out of hotel and right onto main road) There is a lovely brasserie on the corner just past the garage with Logan cars on show.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window on one of the higher floors as traffic gets busy
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to comment on the Gresham Belson Hotel.
Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the food quality and lack of information.

We appreciate your comment about the service and the food in the bar, we would like to inform you that we indeed have no fully equipped kitchen. We serve hot & cold dishes in the bar which is prepared by the bartender. It is true that some of our food is precooked by a caterer and later prepared to the chef’s instructions.

However, meals such as the burgers are always freshly prepared with utmost care. We would like to apologize for the discomfort you experienced if the food was not to your liking. We have alerted and trained the barman to better inform our guests.

We would like to reiterate our thanks for your comments and we hope that, in spite of your bad experience you will honour us of your presence when your travels bring you back to Brussels.

The Gresham Belson Management Team

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband, me and my baby daughter stayed on this hotel for one night while driving through Europe on holidays. They added a cot to the bedroom, beds were reasonably clean and comfortable, bathroom was small but functional. The room had tea and coffee making facilities and an empty fridge under the desk (which turned out great because we could get our water and drinks cold, however, I am not sure this was done purposefully). They have parking available to guests, but they do charge a reasonable amount for each 24h. We decided to leave our car there and explore Brussels by bus. It takes about 20-30 minutes to reach the city centre by bus. Fare is affordable and there are loads of buses passing by every couple of minutes. Later in the day we called room service and requested a meal, which was OK (but considering the price, could have been better served/ cooked). We were really tired and didn't feel like going out for dinner, but I noticed there were a couple of restaurants nearby. The best part of the experience was the lovely breakfast, which was included in the room price (£49). Huge variety of things to eat, and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
WillemsRaf, General Manager at Gresham Belson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear madam,

First of all, thank you very much for having stayed at the Gresham Belson Hotel and thank you for sharing your experience online

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Our amenities are there for you to enjoy, and we are glad you found them useful and convenient. Thank you for sharing your travel experience, as guests always enjoy hearing how easy it is to navigate Brussels.

Thank you also for your comments about the room service. We are always looking for ways to improve our services, and the next time you order a meal I am sure you will enjoy it! If you are here again, there are also several fine restaurants in the area that serve many types of food.

Also I'd like to let you know that we've started doing refurbishments to the rooms and bathrooms as well as touching up & refreshing all the public areas to make sure everything looks fresh and new to increase the overall guest experience. I think you will find that our hotel is wonderfully improved!

We look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I chose to stay in this hotel based on its 4 star description and amenities. It is a 3 star, at best (my wife says 2). No coffee/tea equipment in the room, no washcloths nor face towels. The breakfast buffet was marginal and steeply priced at 23 euros per person. We entered as soon as it opened and the eggs were lukewarm, at best. Free wi-fi and an airport shuttle were provided, but I cannot say they outweighed the negatives of the property.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for the comments about our breakfast as we are always looking for ways to improve our services. I can assure you that your experience will be much improved the next time you visit! Thank you for the compliments about our free airport shuttle, we are happy to provide our guests with an hassle free way to and from the airport.

We look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for one night recently. I do not know Brussels very much but I would say, that location is quite ok. The reason for average rating is that hotel is supposed to be 4 stars. If it was three stars, I would not complain but as it should be of higher standard, here are few things I was suprised of. Room was nice in overall but quite small even for one person and not for two (I had double bed room). The furniture was little bit outdated. The aircondition did not seem to work as the air was warm even when I have set the lowest temperature possible. I did not complain with the reception as I stayed only for one night. Breakfast was not included but cost 23 EUR extra - I did not go for it so I cannot rate the choice and quality.

In overall, it was quite pleasant stay but rooms should be little bit updated (there was ancient classic TV instead of small LCD for example) to meet the expectations that you would have from contemporary 4 stars hotel.

Room Tip: Although the window in the room had sign that it could not be fully opened, it was possible to open...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Mr.

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback.

Your feedback helps us measure and improve the quality of the service that we provide to our guests.

It gives us immense pride to learn that you had a satisfactory stay at The Gresham Belson Brussels

We have investigated into the points of concerns raised by you and can confirm that corrective measures are underway.

We are happy to tell you that all the bathroom will be soon renovated and that LCD flat screens are being now installed in all the rooms.

Regarding the breakfast, this is the maximum price that can be asked for the breakfast. Please see our website for special offer for the breakfast.

We hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again and objectively prove that the quality of service has improved indeed.
Awaiting the pleasure to welcome you back in the Gresham Belson Hotel Brussels.

Your sincerely

Tiffany Bour

Also consider these accommodations in or near Evere
Ramada Brussels Woluwe
Izan Avenue Louise
Izan Avenue Louise
#124 of 199 in Brussels
Mercure Brussels Airport

Been to Gresham Belson Hotel? Share your experiences!