Mercure Brussels Airport
$80
$78
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to the airportnato hqshoe shinegood sizeshort stayshower capcold meatsup to datecomfortable roomwould stay here againbreakfast was excellenthotel staffcoffee machinelovely hotelwi ficroissantsbrussels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012

A couple of times a year I have to be in this part of Brussels for business and this hotel is conveniently located for where I have to be. The only thing this area has to offer, other than businesses and NATO is a cemetery. No wait, two cemeteries. Would not stay here for any other reason than business, or an early flight from the nearby airport.

The rooms are comfortable an spacious. No bath but a great rain shower. The save is big enough to fit a laptop. Teamaker, fridge, a desk and two chairs. The room is complete.

I have never seen the hotel's restaurant open for anything other than breakfast. A very expensive breakfast, 20 Euro. I ordered room service one evening, a cold cheeseburger arrived 20 minutes later than promised. So, go somewhere else for your food. By car because the direct area has nothing to offer.

The rooms where always clean. Except during my last stay. There was food in the fridge from a previous guest. And, what was worse, when I wanted to take a shower at 6am no water went in the drain. I opened the drain and there were big pieces of soap and about two cups of hair in it (see photo). Obviously it had not been cleaned for a while. Very unfortunate.

All in all I will probably stay here again, mostly because of the location.

Room Tip: If you want to keep the window open, request a room with an even number because they have less street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed here for one night. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and seemed quite industrial, however, it was 10 minutes walk from OTAN and 10 minutes by taxi from the airport so I ticked "Location" as excellent as it suited my needs perfectly. I knew what to expect based on other reviews, however, I thought the hotel served its purpose. My room was on the first floor, smoker, and I was pleasantly surprised by the size, it was very big with a desk so great for working.

My bed (twin room) was comfortable and the shower was powerful - just what you need at 7am!

Sophia, on Reception, was more than helpful and sorted out my "free" internet connection as well as getting an iron delivered to my room. All the staff I interacted with were helpful and very polite.

Be aware that the shuttle service to the airport does not run until after 6pm so if you have an earlier flight then a taxi is required.

Overall, the hotel's decor is "tired" but if you are on a business trip, then this hotel works well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I used to stay in this hotel 3-4 times per year for the week.
This hotel is well located if you visit the OTAN or companies in bazelaan.
This is not a good choice if you need to go in brussel center, it is far and lot of traffic...
Rooms are well furnished, clean, good size and I like the italian shower!
Staff will welcome you as you deserve.
Parking rate is €13/day wich is expensive!
Breakfast is normal for mercure and enough as well.
10 minutes from the airport, free shuttle.
This hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Daventis
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I visited this hotel with leger holidays to see the waterloo re-enactment. The hotel is typicall for visiting sales reps etc, quite clean, staff friendly, have no problems except when we arrived on friday night at 8.p.m on 15th june we were told the restaurant was shut due to lack of demand, and again on saturday evening. This is unacceptable, there were 2 coachs each with 50 people on board staying there, also some japanese or chinese tourists turned up as well, as a stop gap we ordered a expensive pizza, at 13 euros to share amongst 3 of my friends. this didnt go down well with our party, and i would say to people go outside as there are some take aways to be found if this happens again, reasons for closure given were that nato staff were off duty? blame must go to management and not staff who were overwhelmed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank blaise002
Reviewed June 16, 2012

When you pay over €200 a night to stay in an average hotel you expect to be able to get a coffee at breakfast. After asking three times I just got bored and left. The breakfast was quite underwhelming. Even though the bathrooms had been renovated, and quite well. I still had water on the floor and a few tiles missing. Trying to get fast internet (only with cable) was not possible as I use one of those Mac type computers. Which the receptionists stated, " oh we don't have many people with Macs traveling here!". All in al, over priced and under serviced.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business