“Great food, great atmosphere”
Review of Au Cor de Chasse

Au Cor de Chasse
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Au Cor de Chasse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Etterbeek
Cuisines: Brazilian, Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I loved it! The place is small and cosy and the service is very personalized. The menu is amazing, it is mainly and Portuguese- Brazilian and there are many fish and meat dishes. The presentation of dishes was good and also the portions were very decent. My boyfriend had a fish casserole and I had the Picanha. Everything was really tasty and we will definitely come back.

• Visited October 2013

• Greek first
Paris, France
“Cosy, original place with nice service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

After reading some great reviews, went to sample some dishes I saw on the photos. We had picanha and caldeirada to share. The picanha looked good and the marinade was just right but the meat was of less quality than I had hoped for a dish like this. The portion was big and it made me wish that they saved on quantity and splurge on quality. The side dishes were very good. Caldeirada was great, full of flavor and mix of different fish/seafood. Again a big portion. It would be impossible to have appetizers and main with these portions.
Very attentive service and the husband waiter takes time to explain everything. But the tempo of service is slow, do not expect to order,eat and go, as they seem to only do one service per lunch/dinner. Do try this charming restaurant but I don't dare to say that this is the best meal I've had here. you have to like seafood dishes which in my opinion looked more tempting than the meat dishes.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“We Loved it...”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a night...it is small and cosy but the service you receive is second to done. There are about 5 tables in the place and it feels you have your personal chef and waiter. It was our 10 anniversary and we wanted something intimate and this place was spot on. The personal touch and the service is second to done. I don't usually write reviews but I do use them for every thing I buy or book on the internet. After going to this place because of the reviews on this site I felt it was only fair that I did the same.
So take my word for it, go there!! you will not regret it.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mrbanks2774
Belgium
“Do NOT miss! One of the best meals in years!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Definitely the best meal in recent memory. This is a family-run place where the waiter-husband is Portuguese and the chef-wife is Brazilian. It's a small cozy restaurant with only 2 small tables outside and a dozen or so inside. It's very warmly and tastefully decorated and really clean. The owners say that they try to make the restaurant homey and make the customers feel like their guests, and you can tell that they've really put a lot of care into the decor and preparation of the food! There is no printed menu, and everything is listed on a hanging board, probably because much is seasonal. The food did take some time to come, but it's because it's been so carefully prepared. The wait is worth every minute. We had the clay pot of fish and the quail, both beyond our expectations! Everything very fresh and it's obvious they took great care when they did their shopping to ensure the best quality ingredients. Another reviewer mentioned that this place was pricey but once you have a meal here you will agree that the prices are in fact very reasonable for the quality AND quantity you get (especially when compared to other restaurants in the same price range)! The husband is really, really friendly and very proud of his restaurant and the cooking. It's so lovely to talk to him. I'm sure the wife is too but we didn't get a chance to talk to her. Will be recommending this place to everyone we know :-).

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BrusselsSprouter
“Cosy place with a family run atmosphere and good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had the Picanha and a steak which were both excellent. The waiter was friendly, efficient and helpful, making good suggestions for both food and drink.

• Visited June 2013