A Cote du Cinquantenaire
  • Breakfast included
Agoda.com
Hotel Derby(Etterbeek)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Centered location near the park of the Cinquantenaire. Nice and friendly/helpful service. Breakfast is included. No luxury, functional and new furniture. Good price/quality relation being by the centre.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JesusAvila
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I spent several days in this B&B, and one thing I observed is: everyone left this place with a huge smile and completely relaxed.

This is most thanks to two factors:
1. Very friendly and helpful host, which serves personally breakfast (fresh squeezed orange juice!) and provides all information necessary for the traffic, connections, metro, ordering taxi (well, I had problems to spell out name of the street), map of Brussels. Laurent really goes out of his way to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible.
2. Prices. You can feel at ease knowing that you get what you pay for: excellent service for appropriate price. Compared with other options available, especially near EU corner, this is the best quality/price ratio.

Practicalities:

B&B is really easy to find. It is between two metro stations (Schuman and Merode), from each app. 3 min. walk. It is on a quite street, directly near the park where people go for jogging or just to relax near the fountain. The main building is marked with "H" sign, which I assume indicates "hotel" or other hospitality establishment.

Rooms in main building should be very nice - I will tell more when I will stay there next time. This time I took small studio apartment, which was completely sufficient for my stay (traveled single, for a couple it could be too small). Only remark - there is missing a bigger mirror, since the one in bathroom is sufficient maybe only for shaving or some make up work.

Breakfast is included in price, and it is really great! Fresh squeezed orange juice, tea and coffee, warm croissant, selection of bread, cheese and ham, and usual selection of cereals, yogurt, marmalade. I asked for vegetables, and next morning Laurent served some tomatoes!
If you stay in studio apartment, you will get also key from main house and can enjoy breakfast together with other guests.

The B&B also provides a phone which you can use for local calls, e.g. to call Laurent or taxi. Wireless is available in all room and studio apartment, and the connection is good. Studio apartment has small kitchenette, which enables you cooking your own tea or food, if you wish so.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay, and will look no further for another accommodation when going to Brussels.

Room Tip: If you travel single and look for budget option, do not hesitate to stay in their studio apartment.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank icetealemon
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This B&B was located at the quiet street next to a park, and easy to get to by public transportation. We took bus 27 from Gare du Midi and found a place without a problem.

Laurent the host was extremely helpful and friendly, He suggested walking paths, transportation, provided maps and answered all the questions we had. The breakfast here was also superb, more than I expected and Laurent took good care of us.

The room was fantastic, although central A/C would make it more comfortable. In May we opened our windows and it cooled down the room nicely.

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was superb, and Wifi signal was strong. Overall I am glad we stayed here for our last stop on our vacations.

I would def come back here when I return to Brussels.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Frank L
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Located on a quiet street close to Cinquantenaire Park and EU buildings. You can get to the historical center by foot.
Clean room with new, modern furniture. The room next to breakfast area can be noisy in the morning.
Helpful and friendly owner.

Room Tip: avoid the room next to breakfast area
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The B&B has large rooms. I had a two-floor room with a small kitchen. Rooms are essential, but clean. Maybe some comfort could be improve (i.e. toiletries). The B&B is at a walking distance from Schumann and European Commission, which is perfect for business. Internet Wifi is free.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business