“Nice surprise”

Aparthotel Brussels Midi
Bucharest, Romania
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I was amazed to find that my room was " improved" to an apartment. Inside it everything was new, verry well equiped for a longer stay, ( microwave, fridge, satelite tv, tube etc etc). As clean as can possible be. Quite bedroom, wellcoming and confortable bed....Sorry I stayed only one night. When l left the hotel early in the morning I dropped the key in the mailbox!! I booked it on the internet...paid 60 euro me and my kid.
Amazing. Is verry close to Midi station, 10 min walking...I recon, the neighbourhood is not so wellcoming ....however, i walked around with my kid at about 10 :00 evening having no trouble at all...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Marty70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed November 7, 2009

I've booked like 50 hotels in my life and this one was my biggest mistake. The summary is: the staff should be replaced immediately, or if they are not the culprits - the hotel's policy wants some dramatic ammendments. First, we had to deposit 100 euros (!!!) for the keys and had to fight for getting the deposit back as the charming receptionist (it's a he, middle-age faggy face, wearing glasses, showing slow reactions on your requests) didn't find our departure time convenient. He wouldn't address any of our questions. When asked about night buses in Brussels he gave us the tram schedule, when asked about a kettle he suggested using the microwave oven instead, when asked to be at the desk by the time of our departure (7 am) he doubted that we'd get up and suggested we shouldn't have gone out that night. Thank you, appreciate your concern! When asked about a city map he went like: "Pick up the flyers near the front door". And so on and so forth... All in all, if you are after friendly atmosphere and meeting good locals, Apart Hotel Midi shall scarcely become your choice.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pgoryakin

Travelers are raving about these Anderlecht hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Separate toilet and shower area was a nice bonus. The two burners and ice box really came in handy as did the microwave. Beautiful sunset from the living room area. The deal we got on booking.com was great at 55E/night. Only real negative is the neighborhood lacked basic things like restaurants and stores. The nearest of these are at the major Brussels south train station which closes at 9 pm (about 12 minutes away). Most other stores close at 6 pm. Be sure to have supplies before you get to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We stayed for one night having arrived late from the Eurostar on our way to Bruges. The hotel is very close (3 mins) from the station, but we took the wrong exit and no-one knew where Rue Bara was and we were misdirected to Place Bara which was out of the way. Bring a map so you don't get lost! The hotel was clean, comfortable and modern, there are no food and beverage facilities as it is an aparthotel but it was value for money at 80 Euros a night. The area is not touristy but there is a fabulous bar around the corner opposite the station that would not look out of place in New York - huge and modern with great service, we arrived there at midnight and the service was great - an oasis in an otherwise quiet industrial area. The manager of the hotel was very accommodating and listened to a query we had with compassion. There are lots of places for cheap breakfasts. We didn't venture in to Brussels as we were impatient to get to Bruges, but the hotel is great for an overnighter.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BerlinDublin
Santa Catarina
Reviewed March 11, 2009

I stayed in this terrible hotel for four long days. First of all, the location was difficult to find.
The hotel neighborhood seemed not friendly. The area was noisy and seemed not unsafe. I was afraid to walk around during the night.
There was nobody in the front desk during all time. There seemed to have no security. My room was in the ground floor and there was no wall to the streets, but just a big window, like a store. I could see people walking and they could see our entire room. We had to keep our curtains closed all the time.
The room was overheated during all our stay. We complained and nothing was done. The staff is rude, they did nothing to make our stay a little less unbearable. In the morning we left, there was no one at the front desk to receive the keys and to call a taxi for us.
It's not this close to midi station as it's supposed to be. I would never ever stay in this hotel again.
The hotel was not very clean. The room was not cleaned during my stay and towels were not changed as well. There was no telephone or fridge in my room and no kind of food available in the hotel.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Car0lina30
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2009

This aparthotel is great if you need to be close to the Midi Station and are in Brussels for a few days. The rooms are spacious, well furnished and equipped and would make your stay in Brussels a homely experience.

• Liked — the spacious rooms
  • Disliked — surrounding area
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
koeln
Reviewed July 3, 2008

This hotel is totally overprized, in a poor location (at night not the safest area...), and above all - has a two lane road right in front of your room, this was the noisiest hotel I have stayed at in the last years. Even with all windows closed (and no aircondition of course...) the noise was unbearable, in evening as well as early morning.

Don't do this to yourself. Comment of the hotel owner when I asked for a room to the back: "this is a city hotel".

• Liked — that I managed to leave after three days
  • Disliked — noise level, staff very unfriendly, location.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderlecht
Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Midi
Pantone Hotel
Pantone Hotel
#4 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel

Been to Aparthotel Brussels Midi? Share your experiences!