Floris Ustel Midi
$69
$154
$126
  • Restaurant
Mercure Brussels Centre Midi(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$113
$75
$61
  • Bar/Lounge
1,011 results
All reviewsthe grand placemetro stationlarge roomyogurtwandasignal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I found the staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast runs from 7-10 so you can still have a sleep-in and a feed. The spread is pleasing and well organised with plenty of seating so you are not waiting long for anything.

We stayed in room 443, which has a nice view of Square de l'Aviation. Proper queen bed (not two singles pushed together), wide selection of channels, both English and non-English, and a shower with strong pressure.

The only knock on the hotel is that room 443 had little to no wifi signal and there isn't any complimentary tea available in the room or from the front desk. Being a tea lover, this is always a bummer.

The hotel is a short walk to either Lemonnier or Zuid/Midi station and about 10-15 stroll to the centre of town.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Brussels on a reasonable budget.

Room Tip: Room 443. Proper queen bed (not two singles pushed together), wide selection of channels, both English and non-English, and a shower with strong pressure. No Wifi service.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Rude and not at all helpful receptionists (except one). Every day there was a problem: in room wifi is not working, clogged toilets, broken card room.
Despite the cash payment in the amount of bank card is lifted - without permission.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We booked this hotel because it was close to the zuid/midi train station. The reception and breakfast was very modern looking as are some of their rooms but our room was clearly not. It was old, with two singles pushed together on wheels. The sheets had some old stains on them, the walls had heaps of marks on them and the floor was quite dirty. Breakfast was really good. The neighbourhood is not very nice. All these Arabs line up on the streets and stare at you. Did not like brussels one bit

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Campbell M
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Before booking the Floris, I wrote an e-mail to check something. Yes, the response is so fast in about 15 minutes. However, the response really ruins my day. Am I wrong? Am I impolite. I apologized for asking many questions and said thanks for help. The e-mail just said :"All rooms is NO SMOKING." Nothing else. The hotel doesn't even want to answer any of my questions.Yes, I smoke and I don't want to pollute the hotel room. That's why I ask where I can smoke. About the price, the hotel's booking system doesn't work, so I can't find the price. Can't I ask the early booking price and the hotel's location and convenience,though many mentioned. But it's my first time to Brussels, how can I know the route? Feeling insulted. The staff are so unfriendly.I even feel they are rude.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hom117
Maubet D, Gérant at Floris Ustel Midi, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Wayne,

I would like to apologize in the name of Floris Ustel staff; I have read the email you sent and the reply you got and indeed it is not the way to answer. I will be bringing to the attention of the person concerned.

To answer your questions I regret to tell you that we do not offer rooms with balconies and we don’t have non-smoking areas. The hotel is close to the train station, you just have to walk 10 minutes.

The center of Brussels and the historic quarter (Grande place) are also not far, 15 minutes walking distance.

Regarding your booking, the rates and the system you are using I would like to have more information. I cannot find your booking.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and please do not hesitate to ask questions. We wish you a very pleasant stay in Brussels.

Once more apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards