“Welcoming Restaurant - Delightful place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
“Welcoming Restaurant - Delightful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I ate here last night after we arrived in Riotorto. We don't speak much Italian and the staff spoke very little English - however, we had a really good experience here and we're definitely going back! Despite the language barrier and 'Italian only' menus the staff were friendly and patient. As we'd arrived that day after a long trip, we were looking for a comforting meal, so we ordered a bottle of Chianti and a pizza each. The Pizzas ranged from about 5.5Euro to about 9Euro and they were probably the best I have eaten (and I'm a big pizza fan!). They were freshly baked, thick crusted, light as a feather and generous on the toppings. The Chianti was delicious too! The total bill was about 30Euros and we'd had a bottle of mineral water on the bill.

I would have liked to have been more adventurous with my food choices - some of the other dishes being brought out looked fantastic and there seemed to be plenty of tasty looking sea food. I guess because of my lack of Italian I'm going to have to risk at pointing to some more expensive items and taking a chance. The other items on the menu were a step up in the price band, but did look pretty amazing.

The setting of this place is outstanding. Its set on a square with the village church in and is pure, rustic, rural Italy. They also seemed happy with us just having a pizza and a drink (even though it looked a formal place), but would also be good for an elegant meal out.

• Visited July 2012

Aabenraa
“Good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Good food and try the local wine from Brancatelli.
We got Crostini Misty and fish of day.

Visited June 2012