“Definitely 5 stars!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wildings Hotel and Restaurant

Wildings Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Maidens
Cuisines: Seafood, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Definitely 5 stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at Turnberry recently but wanted somewhere less formal to eat and booked Wildings for the Friday night as it's just down the road. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone - a lovely warm welcome, the ambiance very relaxing, the service excellent and the food stupendous.
The menu is varied with plenty of choice, and the four of us all ate different things and all were delicious and beautifully presented - and I have to especially mention the chocolate and cointreau liqueur pot for dessert, absolutely irresistable.....yum. As with all the food all desserts are made on site by the team of pastry chefs and beautifully presented, you won't be able to resist....
We were so taken with Wildings that we booked again for the Saturday night and had another delicious and memorable experience (yes, I had to have the chocolate pot dessert again) - and as on the Friday we saw a lot of other guests from Turnberry who were also dining there, it's obviously a popular place with Turnberry guests and locals (who were also in abundance) alike - and value for money is amazing!
If you're in the area definitely eat here - you'll love it.

Glasgow
“Outstanding yet again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went to the Wildings for lunch with my daughter and son-in-law and our 3 grandchildren to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary. The food was once again out of this world - my son in law commented that it was possibly the best meal he had ever eaten - anywhere!

One of the things we really like here is the regular menu which never changes, but there is also the daily specials menu and you can mix and match.

The staff are superb and if something is not on the menu, you only have to ask - our granddaughter asked for a special starter - not a problem.

They are invariably busy, so it is very advisable to book in advance. One would be hard pushed to get a meal in a pub for the price charged, never mind equal the quality. Even though we have a 50 mile drive each way, a visit here is something we try to fit in regularly

Perth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

There was nothing we did not like. My partner and I had 3 courses each and each one was to die for. The bonus was that it was very reasonably priced. If we had been at home it would have been our new local.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lynne C
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Lunch is such good value. The place was busy but the service was excellent. The portions were generous and very tasty. The atmosphere is great too and so clean. This was my first visit but definetly not my last.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Popular place - I can see why”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to visit for an early midweek lunch without booking. It was just as well we were early as I'm not sure they would have been able to fit us in later. Despite being so busy the service was friendly and efficient.

The menu was reasonably ambitious making good use of seafood, but my particular choice did not work as well as it could have. I had a selection of pan fried fish, all of which were beautifully cooked, but the tomato vinigarette was a bit overpowering making me think of soused rather than fried fish.

Overall it was a very enjoyable lunch and great value for money given the general ambition and execution of the cooking.