“Enough is enough!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I don't usually post reviews on things or even complain in general, but I've decided to speak out about this place as we and our friends have multiple complaints and perhaps someone can save their money and time and find somewhere else to go.

Walking in the door the place has great promise..... looks great but it goes downhill from there. Not sure why we or others have gone back but Fonthill has a limited number of places to eat out, so they have a captive audience. So much potential, great patio, nice layout etc.

Do not expect to be greeted by the owner, to date no one I have talked to has even seen this man smile. In the many many times we have been, the man has never even approached us to say hello, see how your meal is or thank you for coming, even when they first opened! If he put on even a pretense of politeness or being remotely friendly he could probably triple his business. We do not need to be fallen over however barely veiled spite is not exactly an attractive quality on the face of an establishment owner. He looks miserable and does nothing to hide it.

Food is VERY over priced and though attractive, not always palatable and certainly no consistency. For example..... A piece of breaded chicken is served with a very very small portion of pasta and no vegetables, bread or salad are provided. This is $18. Orange roughy arrrives with a lovely presentation though the rice is so overy salted it was inedible. Tuna steak arrives with the appearance of a pork chop dry and grey. It is not a given that you will receive even water at your table or the things you order. Food arrives cold and an average wait time is up to an hour.

Service is incredibly slow... excessively! Not sure why this is as servers themselves on a whole, are great, we all have to say this. They are overworked and poorly treated. They must have inordinate patience, as the owners seem most unpleasant and have been seen having domestics in front of customers and berating their staff. We have always tried to tip them well and be extra kind as they don't deserve to be treated so poorly. I am amazed that they stay.

The bathrooms though highly stylish smell of urine... not nice. As well the floors in the place are a polished cement and very very slippery... if you go there take extra caution. I personally am nursing torn back muscles after taking a spill on their greasy floor. By the way, the owner was ten feet away and didn't even blink when that happened.

Groups that book functions are not treated well... too bad as it is a great location for this. A group I know of was actually asked to vacate their table for another group coming in. No concessions were offered. Unheard of! The group left instead and went elsewhere to spend their money.

If you have the basics it really does not take a lot to put the icing on the cake. Instead more and more people will spend their dining/drinking dollars elsewhere. A happy customer tells ten people. An unhappy customer tells EVERYONE!!! A smile and a thank you for coming goes a long way. All I can say is that the only reason they are still open is because they have managed to hire some great staff.

Save your cash... drive out to one of the wineries or somewhere else, anywhere really...

2  Thank missy b

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Mediocre food and the owner is always drunken and loud. Alot of sketchy characters in and out to see the owner, which is odd for fonthill neighbourhoods. Don't waste the time to drive there.

2  Thank EliMeli21
Reviewed April 2, 2012

They do some stuff very well and some stuff really not that well. The apps, pizza, wings and salads are good, entrees just don't measure up. The weekend breakfast/brunch buffet is great.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

My Place in Fonthill Ontario is an absolute joke. We had terrible difficulty finding the place, as the postal code on their website will lead you to a house in the middle of nowhere.

We drove here from Mississauga for their New Year's eve bash. As advertised, we were to receive a 4 course meal. We did receive the 4 courses, but it was literally 45 minutes between plates! We placed our orders at 8:20 pm and did not get our main courses until 11pm!

The food was decent, but there seemed to be rosemary on EVERYTHING. We complained to our waiter throughout the fiasco and our complaints were met with confrontation. Rather than get the owner/manager involved, our server engaged us in argument! It was completely idiotic dealing with this clown, while the short, Napoleonic owner sat at the bar and hung out with who appeared to be his friends.

This resto-bar offers much potential when u enter, but the fundamental flaws in how this business is run will undoubtably leave a bad taste in your mouth.

I had never been to Fonthill before and we made a special trip here from Mississauga. I can tell you that we will never return to My Place again.

The town of Fonthill seems to have many other restaurants and I think that you will certainly find enjoyment anywhere but here.

Trust me. My Place in Fonthill is a Mickey-Mouse operation, run by an egotistical little man and not worth your money.

The service here can only be described as atrocious and I would be surprised to see My Place in business for much longer. For the price, this restaurant will certainly disappoint and I strongly advise against ever eating here.

2  Thank DAR1AN
Reviewed December 11, 2011

What happened to My Place? Must be just about the worst experience I have had. The service was slow. Bread arrived burnt, greasy, and too hard to eat. Our server had the bread replaced. After waiting for crab cakes we were told they were all out. An order for wraps became an Asian Salad. The medium well steak was well done with cold vegetables, and the side order of mushrooms was missing. The pasta dish ordered without feta cheese, was prepared with feta cheese. The server caught the mistake before the pasta was served but we had to wait for the replacement. When the pasta came there were black things in it that looked as though they could be overdone mushrooms.
It was the first time we had taken my son and his girlfriend there for dinner and I was horrified at the experience. We were given two free deserts as compensation. Not a desert of our own choice. We noticed a few tables with the same desert so I am sure others had a similar experience. Our server was very appologetic and seemed very stressed.
My one regret is that we didn't leave the restaurant after the burnt bread. We paid way too much money for the quality of food and sevice we received.

2  Thank jenny c