“Will never eat there again.”

My Place Bar and Grill
Ranked #12 of 37 Restaurants in Pelham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2011

What happened to My Place? Must be just about the worst experience I have had. The service was slow. Bread arrived burnt, greasy, and too hard to eat. Our server had the bread replaced. After waiting for crab cakes we were told they were all out. An order for wraps became an Asian Salad. The medium well steak was well done with cold vegetables, and the side order of mushrooms was missing. The pasta dish ordered without feta cheese, was prepared with feta cheese. The server caught the mistake before the pasta was served but we had to wait for the replacement. When the pasta came there were black things in it that looked as though they could be overdone mushrooms.
It was the first time we had taken my son and his girlfriend there for dinner and I was horrified at the experience. We were given two free deserts as compensation. Not a desert of our own choice. We noticed a few tables with the same desert so I am sure others had a similar experience. Our server was very appologetic and seemed very stressed.
My one regret is that we didn't leave the restaurant after the burnt bread. We paid way too much money for the quality of food and sevice we received.

2  Thank jenny c

Reviewed July 8, 2011

We went here for the weekend breakfast buffet. It is $10.99 per person. The food was good but we couldn't believe it when we saw our bill. We each ordered an orange juice. My initial thought when the juice came out was how small the glass was. Our waiter was eager to refill our juice and asked several times before we agreed. When we got our bill we had been charged $3.29 for each small juice. You could buy a whole carton for that price and with the small glass and the way the waiter kept asking to refill it we thought for sure they should be free refills. We ended up spending about $13 just on juice for the 2 of us for breakfast. We thought it was kind of sneaky that they charge so much (because you'd never ask the price ahead of time) and not tell you that they were charging for the refill. Although we enjoyed the breakfast food we likely won't go back to this establishment because of this.

7  Thank anp0