This campground is kind of off the beaten path. When you are going you will feel like you are driving out to the middle of nowhere. It is clean and they empty the garbages frequently. The waterpark is really only one slide and a huge pool with a landing for kids to jump off from. There is also a splash pad although to me, it was geared more for the little ones (my kids are 8 and 5 and they didn't really go in it). There were not nearly enough umpbrellas and chairs for all the parents. We got there early and secured a spot only to be practically sat on by latecomers wanting under the umbrellas. I found the people to be somewhat rude. They lacked common sense to stay back from other families and give personal space! The park itself was ok, The sites for permanent campers seemed REALLY disorganized and placed wherever-making some of the roads extremely narrow. The tent area was nice but again, very little organization. I saw people trying to figure out exactly where their site was. They need site numbers more clearly defined. We were in the middle section-site number 1 and I was really happy with my location/site. It was within walking distance to everything you would need. Washrooms were not above average but not below either. We were there during a really bad rainstorm with thunder/lightning but afterwards I did notice they cleaned up the twigs etc from the sites. They have lots of activities at the rec hall and dances on Saturday with a really good DJ. There were no rules for the park. We were not given a list of them when we checked in??? I was a little worried about the lack of security too (nobody trekking around the park late at night to check for rowdies), Luckily, we had no annoying drunk partiers around. I thought they overcharged for the sites for just a glorified pool rather than "waterpark" but all in all we enjoyed ourselves and I think my kids really had fun.
If you go with little ones, you may want to bring life jackets. There are lifeguards but it is a huge pool and you may feel more at ease if they are wearing one.
One other thing to mention if the owners read these comments. I felt it was a little unfair to have the girls in the office sitting in the sweltering heat. Clearly there was no air conditioning for them, and when the heat outside hits what feels like 35 C I am sure that office is more like 40 C. i think air conditioning is in order for your staff-especially if you want them to be happy at their jobs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Short Hills of the magical Niagara Escarpment, Bissell's Hideaway is a top rated, luxury camping destination with all of the amenities you would expect from a world class resort. Situated in the heart of Niagara, its panoramic views, rolling hills, sparkling meadows and enchanting forests truly separate it from other resorts located in the city. A quick 20 minutes drive, and you will find yourself deep within the "Honeymoon capital of the world", Niagara Falls, Canada. Offering Niagara's best "Family Friendly" camping experience. Your kids will be in awe at the site of our massive pool. Slide down one of the waterslides, playing miniature golf, ride the pedal boats and enjoy the splash and regular playground, take part in games, activities and organized events all at no extra charge. Just minutes away, you will also find World Class golfing facilities, Canada's top wineries, malls, outlet stores, Casinos, restaurants and much, much more.Come for the day, camp for the night, week or season. Also available are our three types of cabins starting at our basic to our deluxe, which will pamper you with all of the amenities of home, wrapped in a rustic, woodsy, wilderness theme? Join us and experience the great outdoors. Zipline, Rockwall, Extreme jumper now open! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly so you can book your Bissell's Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bissell`s Hideaway Hotel Pelham
- Bissell's Hideaway Canada/Ontario - Pelham