“Clean, peaceful, family fun.”
Review of Bissell's Hideaway

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pelham
Bissell's Hideaway
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is our 3rd or 4th visit to Bissell's and we've loved it each time. This is by far our favourite camping/RV resort in Ontario and it offers tons of amenities for families. A huge swimming area (much bigger than your typical pool!) with splash pad and waterslide is on-site, together with a park for kids, mini-golf, and peddle-boats. On many weekends during the summer, park staff bring in no-charge attractions like a reptile show, jumping castles/slides, all ages dances, etc. Everything from full serve RV sites with full hookups, to cabins, to rustic secluded tent camping is available. Service is excellent and we've regularly recommended Bissell's to family and friends. Grocery, LCBO, and Tim Hortons coffee are all with a short 10 min drive.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The price of serviced $75& $95 on weekends is overpriced!! most other campgrounds are 50% less We stayed for 2 days and on the day we were leaving the power went out, not sure when it came back on.
The pool surface is in extremely bad condtion, no city pool would allowed to open in such bad condition, it is rough and sharp edges on the bottom. Pool open july and august only
kids water park is nicer than a city splash pad but the splash pads are free!!!
They are very over priced, $4.50 for a small mustard? $1.75 for a small 500ml bottled water?
day pass of $12 is over priced and charging for a 3 year old same price!!! greedy!!
Should have 5 and under free and a season pass like marineland.
If it were 50% less and no sales discounts groupon, it would be worth it.
I live close by and this is the first time I have ever gone, now I know I was missing nothing.

Room Tip: we brought our camper trailer
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
campinstyle, Manager at Bissell's Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Bissell's Hideaway goal is to offer families the best experience not price. Our rates are set according to demand. If we set our rates similar to the other campgrounds in the area we can easily double our occupancy but feel this would result in over crowding and diminish the family experience. If you base your family vacation strictly on price, not quality or value Bissell's Hideaway is not for you.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Every 2 years we vacation at this camping resort, mainly because we go out of country
the next year, we usually stay in the rustic cabins, but this year we are renting the upgraded
cabin mainly because of the air conditioning and the washroom is inside with tub. I think
you get what you pay for, this resort is clean as a whip, and the evening is usually calm. They
have entertainment for kids during the day (EG Magic Show), and it's free during your stay.
My kids love Bissell's because they know their way around, the can freely bike, fish, and play among themselves without anyone bothering them, and the campers are nice and friendly. My kid was saved by lifeguard too. I look forward to going to this resort every 2nd year, and most likely will book the next upgraded cabin, and looking forward to more improvements every time.

Room Tip: Don't bring too much food as Sobey's is around the corner. You can drink the tap water too...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnJ1971
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Spent the day there with hubby,daughter, partner and their 2 kids, rented a cabin through a Groupon deal, but never intended to stay overnight due to work committments but it was great having the use of it from 1 p.m. onwards and for the evening.
Park has improved greatly since my last visit, we used all the facilities, mini golf, paddle boats, playgrounds and pool. Pool area is wonderful, giant shade umbreallas, white loungers and no smoking around the pool, big bonus. Large waterslide opens from noon - 5 p.m.. We went to the restaurant for fries, best home made fries, little pricy, almost $7 for a large. Used our rustic cabin for getting out fo the rain (pool was closed for a while due to lightning) and used the fire pit supplied to do our sausages and smores, large picnic table on a brick patio, and water tap at the side to wash our plates. Lots of wooded areas to wander around and see snapping turtles, rabbits and chipmunks. Cabin was very basic, queen bed, 2 bunks, overhead and standing fan but better than a tent! No cooking is allowed in the cabin so you would need campfire or BBQ. Used the shower/toilet block to shower the kids before the ride home, $1 for 5 minutes of very good water presuure and temperature, facilities were extremely clean.
Park is a few minutes from town of Fonthill which has pharmacy, grocery store, gas station, etc. Will be back, loved it.

Room Tip: We had cabin 442 which is on the crest of a hill, one cabin below us, great view of hillside and not...
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hello,
I don't usually do reviews but felt I had to do one because my husband and I were very disappointed with the "tenting option" at Bissell's. We went recently and we were told we had to find our own spot to put our tent. We were on the side of a hill and the tenting spot wasn't really a lot (we were expecting to have a spot like an Ontario provincial park ). We did not have a picnic table or a fire pit. We put our tent up by other long term trailer residents who were drinking to excess and telling us that we had no right to be there as they have been there for years. We asked them to turn their music down when it was time to sleep and the residents refused. We found it way too busy and not very well run. We won't be taking our family there due to our poor experience!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ndochert
campinstyle, Manager at Bissell's Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Please come to ask for help if your stay is not living up to your expectations. We work very hard at making everyone's stay memorable in a good way. Our staff will escort you to a specific type of site if you ask. We will not book a site if we are not able to offer you a picnic table and fire pit. Bissell's Hideaway is still one of the few resorts left in Niagara that is situated in the countryside, if you are looking for hundreds of acres to yourself you must travel away from populated areas. Your review is "Horrible" and hurts businesses, that strive for excellence.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We just got back from our family holiday to Bissell. First impressions of the deluxe cabin was clean and cosy, not a lot of extra room. The cabin itself was nice. Our first night there I went to put the TV on for the kids and there was no batteries in the remote. Then my husband went to bbq and there was no bbq untensils. With numerous long distance calls from my cell phone...I finally got in touch with someone and they brought us some batteries for the remote and some cheap bbq utensils (nothing deluxe about them). I had emailed the resort prior to arriving asking if we needed to bring our own pillows. I was advised that they were supplied. The cabin sleeps 4-6 people. We had 6 people in our cabin, so I would assume if the cabin sleeps up to 6 people there would be 6 pillows provided...there was not. So another long distance call to ask for another 2 pillows. The next morning we found another problem...the toaster didn't work, so yet another long distance call. We took turns staying at the cabin waiting for someone to bring the toaster...we waited all day Finally after supper I walked up to the check in/check out cabin and inquired about the toaster. The girl at the reception told me they were out of toasters and someone was out purchasing a new one. It would have been nice if someone would have told us this...since we were waiting all day, but NO apology. Our Deluxe Cabin had a plate with a crack, and glass with a crack and there was no sharp knives...just butter knives. Try cutting a steak, pork chop and cheese with a butter knife...not very good. Our bedroom door (pocket door) didn't stay open...we had to really watch the kids so that they didn't pinch their fingers. The park itself was nice, my daughter spent most of her days on the waterslide...and when she wasn't on the waterslide she was in the pool. She loved it! The slash pad seemed a little dated. Our last night we ran out of propane, we had to get a new tank. Just seemed like it was one thing after another. At check out the girl ask me how our stay was and I begin to tell her, but I could easily tell she didn't care what I had to say, so I didn't go through the long list of disappointments.

A recommendation would be that they equip all cabins with fly swatters.

Room Tip: Bring sharp knives & a fly swatter.
5  Thank WhiskeyWizer
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Clean friendly well run resort. Great setting. The back half of the resort has not near enough bathrooms.Two single bowl and sink outhouses,and quite a hike to the two each shower booths (men and women).

1  Thank Robert S

Been to Bissell's Hideaway? Share your experiences!