“Hot, fresh, great food!”
Review of Lazy Loon

Lazy Loon
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Pelham
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Lazy Loon Restaurant And Ice Cream Bar was established on April 28th 1998. The home cooked meals and amazing hospitality has been the reason of the Lazy Loon's longstanding success. The current owners Jack Mourtzanos and Jacqueline Langan together bring 20 plus years in the hospitality industry and are both local residents of Fonthill. Come in and enjoy our secret battered fish and chips, our famous bread budding with whisky sauce (also sold at Fonthill Giant Tiger), or cool down with our multiple flavors of ice cream. We offer two private lofts for corporate events, large parties, or group functions. Come in and relax in our cottage like atmosphere and let us take care of the rest.
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Hot, fresh, great food!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been to the Lazy Loon probably 4 or 5 times over a 10 year span. Honestly, I have never been disappointed. The prices are reasonable, atmosphere updated and service efficient with great tasting basic food.

On my most recent visit, I had the salmon, veggies and rice! The salmon was cooked to perfection and the plate went back spotless!

The time before that was about a year ago and I will never forget having the peppercorn burger! Absolutely fabulous!

Will definitely be back!

• Visited October 2013

St. Catharines, Canada
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Great atmosphere, always great tasting and priced well. We have been here many times and we always enjoy introducing our friends to this restaurant because they always thank us for doing so, and tell us they will now add it to their favorites list.

• Visited September 2013
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Service was so slow!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Visited this restaurant again for the second time since the new renovation as of the summer of 2013. We were shown to a table on the first floor. The restaurant was busy. Our orders were taken quickly enough and we drank our water. We chatted and looked at the changes again in the restaurant and then the waiting began. It seemed to be forever. Finally a woman came out and apologized for the delay and said the food would be right out. It was not. More waiting. I finally decided that we would just walk out at a certain time if the food was not delivered. They made it by 8 minutes only. Problems I observed. If the restaurant is busy, while it is nice to stand and chat with customers for awhile, don't. You are holding up everything as the server or could be working to help service other tables. Also, I had to wonder about the level of staffing. Don't short staff the restaurant at busy times at dinner. Otherwise the food was good, but the wait did spoil it some and also has left me with mixed feelings about returning.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Ciaran49
Canada
“Poor Start - Great Finish”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stopped by on the weekend - this is the first time we've been in since they renovated the place. The new look is a nice updated version of the old. When we arrived, we noticed they now have a "hostess/host" stand and a sign asking you to wait to be seated. We waited ... and waited ... and waited. Okay, it was super busy so in their defense, the servers were obviously not sitting around in the back twiddling their thumbs, however we saw 4 servers in the 10 minutes while we waited, some of whom walked by us three times! And nobody acknowledged us. At all! Nobody said "hello, someone will be with you" ... or "there's a bit of a wait, but please have a seat" ... NOTHING! We were about to leave when my husband finally went over and tapped a server on the shoulder and asked for assistance. She said someone would be with us and shortly they were. And we were seated and they apologized for the wait.

And things got much better really quickly. Our server, Jennifer, was excellent. She was bright and cheerful, she had menus and drinks to us very quickly, explained the specials and made recommendations about the menu. We ordered, our food came in a timely manner and it was fresh and delicious. My husband had a bowl of the cream of mushroom soup followed by beef stirfry. I had salmon cakes served with a house salad. We finished our meal with rhubarb pie and ice cream. My husband said the soup was a 5 out of 10 - flavour was just okay, and the mushrooms were all blended in a food processor - he prefers at least some mushroom slices or chunks. His stir fry was excellent ... loads of fresh vegetables and cooked to the perfect balance of tender and crisp. My salmon cakes were very flavourful and the salad was small but nice. The rhubarb pie was exceptional - tasted just like homemade.

• Visited August 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“Fabulous home cooking!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have driven by the Lazy Loon on numerous occasions and stopped by to enjoy lunch today. I love home cooking, so my choice of a hot turkey sandwich with smashed potatoes and vegetable was a huge hit! You don't have to pay extra for white meat, which is a change from a lot of other restaurants. I had the bread pudding for dessert... YUMMY! Please stop by and enjoy the courteous service.

• Visited August 2013