“Best General Tso's Chicken”
Review of Yin's Restaurant

Yin's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Waterford
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Best General Tso's Chicken”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My mom grew up in Waterford and we've been going here for probably 30 years - since my grandmother sold her house around the corner. We've watched the school girls who work there come and go - they are always cheerful and do a wonderful job. I've never had a bad meal - whether I eat Chinese or from the standard 1940's Canadian Blue Plate menu. There's nothing wrong with the oldies - and knowing that I can have just about any kind of pie afterward is just the cherry on top! I mean, where can you get a nice piece of pie these days?!!
The absolute best thing - the thing I have to have (or take with me when I go) - is their General Tso's Chicken. It's like spicy chicken candy - sweet and spicy as it should be. My dad always pushed for the lemon chicken but changed once I gave him some of my fav! Don't be fooled: Waterford is SO lucky to have Yin's. It's not "authentic" - but it's not supposed to be. It's supposed to be yummy! It IS! It's not "American" Chinese - that is, it's not greasy and bland. It's CANADIAN Chinese - and if you want to please your whole family, Yin's is worth the drive.

• Visited May 2013

Ancaster, Canada
“Just OK”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Prefer The China King in Brantford because of its auhentic Chinese cuisine & fast service. Yin's was ok but over rated.

• Visited April 2013
Simcoe
“Good food, good service, great prices.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have never ever had a bad meal at Yin's, been going there for over 30 years and as has been mentioned it can get busy and you may have to wait. Eat in or takeout service many times, the staff deserves a lot of credit as they go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure all guests get first class care and to keep the place clean and attractive. We have dined at many Eastern, North American and Ethnic oriented establishments throughout our travels and can safely say Yin's is a leader in Chinese foods, we see and taste quality in every meal.

• Visited December 2012
Waterford, Ontario, Canada
“Great Chinese food!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Take out or eat-in, the best chinese food I've ever tasted. Fast service, reasonable price. One thing: don't order too many dishes because they they bring LOTS of food.

Visited May 2013
Port Dover
“A Great Combo !”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Was at Yin's yesterday for lunch and it was great. You can pick 3 items and you also get an egg roll or spring roll and a coffee, tea or pop all for $7.99 or add one more item on for 8.99. I had the General Pao Chicken,
chicken fried rice and chicken almond vegetables with a spring roll and of course Chinese Oolong tea! It was all very good, very tasty, and served piping hot. It was a nice lunch. My lunch companion also enjoyed his.

• Visited February 2013