“My favourite tapas bar in Sydney - great veggie options” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mojo's Tapas Bar
Ranked #40 of 360 Restaurants in Bondi
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Bondi Beach
Sydney, Australia
“My favourite tapas bar in Sydney - great veggie options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I dont eat pork or shellfish so tapas is usually not a meal I choose. Mojos has a fantastic selection of veggie options that makes up for it. The sirloin is insanely good. The ricotta cakes are my absolute favourite along with the eggplant manchego, the chargrilled artichokes, garlic mushrooms and the mini burritos. Quite simply.... yum.
Only thing - make sure you sit in the front part of the restaurant. The back gets stuffy and sometimes smells stuffy too :)

sydney
“Great food, best tapas in a funky joint with views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

we come to Bondi every few months for the location and we take friends here as well.
During our last visit we had a group of 5 and the service was efficient and warm.The chicken ribs (yes chicken ribs) were spiced just right, the sirloins we ordered were simply devine; we also had loads of garlic prawns and stuffed mushrooms. Best stuffed mushrooms since my last visit to Madrid.
Also enjoyed the Trapiche rose from Mendoza, went well with all the dishes we selected
Overall excellent, loved the price too. Will definitely come back.

• Visited May 2013
“Still Fantastic!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Sounds like jlh2104 below may be a little rascist!! The new owners are delightful and Mojo's is even more fantastic. The only change in the menu is the delicious salmon carpaccio and chicken ribs which have been added. I have them every time with the old favourites which are consistently delicious. I recently had my birthday there and the host/owner, Theresa, was so helpful and even shared a shot with us at the end of the night! Everyone loved it. Well done new owners!!!!

2 Thank MrsMarshallTiger
Sydney, Australia
“Change of owners.. what a shame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was one of my all time favourite Sydney restaurants until a couple of months ago when it was sold by the Spanish owners to an Asian couple. The place has done a complete 180 - average food (now asian inspired), awkward, slow service, weird atmosphere, different crowd. Very sad to say I will never go back there. End of an era.

1 Thank jlh2104
228monica, General Manager at Mojo's Tapas Bar, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hi Im sorry that you had a bad experience with us at Mojo's as you know we are very new and trying to improve our service to all our loyal and new customers and every customer whom comes in to dine with us is very much appreciated and we would only want one thing for our guest it to be relax and have a great time. The team at Mojo's would love to see you back again and hope it will not disappoint you and sorry for your last visit.
Sydney, Australia
“was a regular but will never go again after a terrible experience - DO NOT GO”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I used to go to this place a couple of times a month and was pretty happy with them until one Sunday when their wheels really came off...

Firstly the chicken skewers were undercooked - I took a bite and was greeted with a piece of chicken that was cooked on the outside but completely raw on the inside. I asked them to cook it some more and then it came back to me burned on the outside and still not completely cooked on the inside.

The calamari was chewy and the coating tasted like floury flour.

Then the lamb was super dry and chewy... I couldn't eat it, neither could my girlfriend. At that point I decided to leave so I asked to settle the bill. I reasoned with the really sour waitress to remove just the chicken from the bill (I didn't eat the calamari, the lamb of the chicken but I was willing to pay for the other two) She wouldn't remove it from the bill, or anything else - I complained and the chef (who was listening in) got involved. He then shouted and called me names including "disgusting human being" and told me to "go to McDonald's"

I told him I would because at least at McDonald's they know how long to cook things for. I left and I'll never go back. And I don't recommend anyone else dines there, it is horrendous. They lost a loyal customer and from what I've heard, I'm not the first that has experienced such terrible treatment from them

• Visited January 2013