“Consistently good”

Neighborhood: Bondi Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Consistently good”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Diverse menu, premium ingredients, great service, good atmosphere and delicious food! Not cheap but worth it for a special occasion.

Visited July 2014

Australia
“Good food and service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

A good choice of courses. We ate in a group of 20 people and I heard no complaints. The staff were attentive and prompt with their service.

Visited May 2014
Mold, United Kingdom
“Fish Pie to die for”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a very friendly and unfussy restaurant that delivers good service and food. Reservation times are accurate with tables ready.The staff work hard and I have enjoyed several meals here. The fish pie is very good indeed. When a mistake over drinks occurred during our last visit, the waiter immediately acknowledged it and rectified it straight away with complimentary replacements. That approach is what brings people back time and again.

• Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“it never let you down!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Like his sister Lox, stock and barrel, this place never disappoints!
always full, especially over the w/e for breakfast, you have to wait to get a seat if you haven't booked (dinner only, i think), but you'll be more than happy when you finally get your food!
Last time, we've been there for dinner, tuesday night, and the place was pumping!
the 2 waitresses did a good job to keep it up, maybe a third person on the floor would have been helpful, but if you don't stress and wait, you'll get what you want!
the food is amazing, the portions are huge, the menu changes quiet often and they always have special, so if you become a regular, you won't get bored!
the prices are average for the area, but i am more than happy to spend my money on good food and in a good place!!!

• Visited April 2014
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“What happened -was I wearing the wrong shirt?”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Having read a lot of terrific reviews on TA, I was excited about eating at Brown sugar and followed the advice by phoning ahead to make a booking. I left my name and number on their answering machine as requested and got a call a day later offering a choice of times. We turned up in good time and were shown to a small table which needed to have a wedge under its leg to keep it from wobbling badly. The space was cramped and the staff seemed a bit impatient with us when we were taking time with the drinks list. One waiter in particular (a short chap) let his impatience show with his facial expression when I asked what was his house wine? He responded with a bit of snobby attitude, said something about not having one and turned way in a theatrical manner. This was so different from the warm welcome we've experienced in so many other places during this trip, I felt embarrassed. I had weigh up my position -cramped space, wobbly table, staff with attitude towards us - I didn't see the point in continuing and my wife and I decided to leave. On the way out, the waitress who had seated us originally asked why we were going and tried to persuade us to stay. By then the damage was done and we had to find somewhere else to eat. Have two more nights left in Bondi Beach, we know that there are places around town who have given us a warm welcome -it was time to excercise our options.

• Visited April 2014