“Clean and Comfortable”
Review of Sinclairs Bondi

Sinclairs Bondi
Ranked #7 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Bondi
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed in Sinclairs for a week and found it to be very clean and comfortable. Not only was it a short bus trip to the beach but was filled with a good crowd. When I arrived I had the flu and found the management to be very helpful. They carried my suitcases to my room, made me tea and gave me a Panadol. Would definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: You can have a single room share facility or private room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Billie K

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Not well represented in pictures. Our room had old carpeting and beds were just barely made up. Our room stunk of smoking and when conplaining about it were told that just that morning two men had left that room and probably haf been smoking. Great! Always a wonderful image to cozy up in bed to, the previous occupant. the smell was quite a horrible thing to walk into every time... Did not go away even thougb we left window open w fan on. Shared bathroom facilities were dated and just barely decent. There was also an unpleasantness when before arrival i tried to cancel (2 days in advance) and was told that if i did k would still be charged for 3 nights. Couldnt afford to lose so much money so adjusted my plans. Upon arrival we were "greeted" with our credit card receipt- a 4% surecharge automatically added.
Nice location off maun road that leads to Bondi junction or beach. Felt we didnt get what we paid for but maybe this is the standard in Bondi...

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Sacha423
sinclairs8, Owner at Sinclairs Bondi, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Hi Sacha423

Thanks for your feedback. We pride ourselves on cleanliness of our property and we take this feedback seriously. Unfortunately we were unaware that previous guests were smoking in the room, this is against our policy. We did our best to service the room and try eliminate any odour.

We would like to let you know that we have recently renovated our property to ensure that we are up to date and ahead of standards. Our carpets are newly laid, Private Facility rooms are being updated. In regards to the toilets we have added new tiles to the shared bathrooms.

With regards to your comments on the cancellation - we have a 7 day cancellation policy stated on the website. This means we do not accept cancellations or changes to the policy inside the 7 days. In addition - our website states that we have a 4% charge for all credit card transaction.

Thanks for the mention of the location - we pride ourselves on being a close proximity to Bondi Beach and Bondi Junction.

We hope to see you back in Sydney very soon. Happy traveling.

Regards Sinclairs Bondi Management

Reviewed January 1, 2012

In terms of the accommodation, Sinclairs is what I'd expect from a hostel in this price range. Room and share bathroom seemed clean, and bed was reasonably comfortable. This is definitely a young person's hostel; I am 30 and felt borderline too old. The comments from other reviewers about problems with management fit in with my experience. There is apparently a second property,which I was supposedly booked into, but the website and booking communications did not mention this and I was surprised to be told upon arrival at Bennett Street that I was not expected. Luckily, they were not fully booked and after some negotiating, I was given a room at the main property. Manager was not exactly rude, but made it abundantly clear that he considered the mix up to be my misunderstanding.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Friendly and welcoming staff. Nice room with own TV. Good facilities - clean and comfortable. Kitchen facilities more for quick snacks than big meals. Good breakfast included. Pleasant location - 12 minutes walk from Bondi Junction, 20 minutes walk from Bondi beach. Frequent bus services. Very good value for a single room in Sydney. Well recomended.

Room Tip: Try to get on top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Hello, this was the second time I stayed at Sinclairs Bondi on holiday. I really like the Bennett Street location. My room was very comfortable with a nice view of the street and its own private bath. Otto is an amazing host. He took great care of us and was gave us helpful suggestions on things to do and see while in Sydney. His cakes are delicious as well as his fruit salad for breakfast in the mornings. He plays wonderful classical music in the mornings in the kitchen and provides you with a very relaxed, cheerful atmosphere. The location is close to key bus stops that take you right into to Sydney CBD. You are a short walk to Bondi Beach. It is a beautiful beach and a must see on your trip.

Room Tip: Read the reviews about the locations where you choose to stay before you book the room. Bennett Stre...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Comfortable,clean quiet and basic for our family.Well located to affordable eateries in Bondi Rd so we didn't really try the kitchen and it's facilities. Breakfast was pleasing to all, Otto's home baked cakes quick to go but plenty of everything else from cereals , toast to fresh fruit salad.
Found our host Otto helpful for the tourist advice and was able to offer the property driveway for our rented car-certainly not needed for Sydney CBD as transport is great .Even with a misunderstanding I could see hosts and owners really wanted us happy in the end and that we were, Cheers, Maria

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Thanks Otto and Robbie for making my stay so relaxed and friendly. I've stayed on the beach at Bondi and paid the big bucks but I wouldn't stay anywhere else than Sinclairs when visiting Sydney. Besides being great value, Sinclairs offers a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, a quiet safe, environment that is central to beach, shops, cinemas, pubs, transport and the worlds best cake shop! What else could a traveller wish for. Thanks again Otto for making me so welcome and see you next time in Sydney.

Cheers - Carl

Room Tip: Book well ahead of course
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo