“Bondi on a budget” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bondi
Ulladulla
“Bondi on a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is a great location, just a couple of blocks back from the Bondi beachfront, without the exorbitant cost. Safe, neat and clean, and great for short or long stay. Leave the car and go walking. You'll need to bring your own tea/coffee, food etc, as it isn't motel style accommodation, but instead has a small kitchenette. Everything you need for holiday traveller accommodation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Don't choose this accommodation if you want luxurious 5 star apartments. For the price it's a great option. Very clean, secure, comfortable bed and a small but efficient shower. The apartments are in a great location. Walkable distance to restaurants, wine bars and the beach. For trips away from the suburb a bust stops right outside the apartments. overall a great choice.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I wish there was tea and coffee. The apartment was advertised as tea and coffee facilities. Although that means a kettle with no tea, coffee, milk or sugar

I wish there was no family in my room upon check in. A family, employed as cleaners, were eating lunch in our room at 330pm after we had checked in and told us to wait. I guess until they ate their lunch and "cleaned" the room.

I wish there was not some guys Lynx body wash still in the shower.

I wish there was foam in my mattress. In the 100+ hotels I stayed in I have never complained about mattress. This was springs with material over the top. I don't even think companies make mattresses like this so I'm not sure what it was I slept on? Admittedly this was the sofa bed.

I wish there was not fur on my glass. The drinking glass had fur... Bad tea towel? Worse?

I wish there was better value for money. $240 for 3 ppl for 1 night which consists of the above?

I wish there was not ants on the sink. Lots of ants.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank adamatt123

Travelers are raving about these Bondi hotels

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

After unsuccessfully looking for a central hotel in Sydney with free parking I stumbled across the Ultimate Apartments and couldn't be happier! I actually thought the price and all the website descriptions were too good to be true and expected to arrive to find we were duped in some way. Everything was just as they described - these apartments were so fantastic!

We stayed in the studio suite for 3 nights and couldn't have been happier. They are a 10 minute stroll from beautiful Bondi Beach with lots of cafes, restaurants, grocery and liquor stores nearby. The enclosed gate around the property is a really nice security feature and lessened my worry about having our rental parked there for the entire time. The cooking facilities were a giant selling point for us also (over a hotel without) as it helps to cut down on the overall travel costs by being able to keep groceries and make breakfast or sandwiches to take with you for the day instead of eating every meal out. The rooms themselves were wonderful, modern furnishings and comfy beds and lounges. The fitness centre and restaurants get lower ratings from me only because they are non existent aside from the pool. Even if they had a restaurant we probably wouldn't have used it though as we bought groceries and the restaurants nearby were so great.

If you're looking for a full service Hotel that will fold your sheets every morning and bring you food at 2am this isn't the place for you. But if you want a clean, secure and kitted out base camp while you explore Bondi and the surrounds then this IS the place for you.

Room Tip: There are tennis courts to the back of the complex so a few times we were disturbed with noise when...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I am extremely happy with these apartments. For $155 during Easter I was so pleased to be able to stay here. It is a little hard to find but Paul is so friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, have AC and my favourite part was the bathroom. The water pressure and heat of the water is fantastic. You truly have to take heed of the signs and not stay in the shower for hours just enjoying the experience. I felt safe in the complex and to get free parking, well that is a winner there. Show me any other hotel close to here that offers free security parking. It isn't really that far a walk to Bondi Beach because we generally park our car in this area when we go to dinner here and walk.
All in all, if you are looking for an affordable, clean, comfortable place to stay in Bondi, this is truly a winner.

• Stayed March 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for three days on a visit to Australia. Apartments were clean and nicely presented and had all the basics that you would need. Also in an ideal location to get to Bondi beach, just a ten minute walk down. Apartments also have air conditioning which is vital as it can get very hot! There is also a swimming outdoors in the car park but I never used this during my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice self contained accommodation that I've stayed at twice when I've come to Bondi. Basic, motel style with a great big fence so you can park securely and it's quiet. I'd stay here again. Isn't the cheapest but hey, it's Sydney and it's Bondi.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Acmelbournegirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondi
Adina Apartment Hotel Bondi Beach
QT Bondi
#3 of 9 in Bondi
Coogee
Coogee Sands Hotel & Apartments

Been to Ultimate Apartments Bondi Beach? Share your experiences!