“Great food in an Idyllic location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: Bondi Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Great food in an Idyllic location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

The cakes are still fantastic. I had a cheese and cherry strudel and my child had a chocolate croissant. The cappuccino was also made to perfection. Well recommended!!

• Visited February 2014

• Thai first
Sydney, Australia
“Talk about satisfying our taste buds ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Divine!! Just had the most amazing food experience. I ordered the meatballs and sauce and my partner gnocchi napolitana and I must say these were the best dishes we have tasted in a long time. Price is also very reasonable and service great. We'll definitely be returning for more great food

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Foodies2345
“End of an era”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Visited on Sunday for a fix of goulash and borscht only to be told that they were no longer serving Hungarian food.
This restaurant has been an icon for as long as I can remember serving hearty Hungarian meals and decadent deserts.
Sadly no more.
Goodbye old friend...........

Zeeman

Visited February 2014
4 Thank johnezee
“Shame”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was really disappointed. I have been taking my family to The Gelato Bar for the past 40years. During this time there has been several changes but never so drastic as now. The Hungarian food has gone much to my disappointment. The bean soup has been my staple order but has gone along with the goulash. A Sydney icon for Hungarian food gone :)

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gone0
Sydney, Australia
“Last visit after almost 50 years”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is no longer a Hungarian restaurant. The new owners have bought an icon and killed it. No Matzo Dumpling soup,no schnitzel or goulash. Very few cakes and no ice cream at 5pm.

I have regularly visited the Gelato Bar since I was in high school almost 50 years ago, but I will not be going back. The staff told me they had had many complaints about the change in menu especially the lack of matzo dumpling soup. This is now just a nondescript Bondi restaurant

• Visited January 2014