“Great sweet treat”

Neighborhood: Bondi Beach
Murrieta, California
“Great sweet treat”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent selection, yummy flavors, great sweet treat after a hot day - we enjoyed this site. Decent prices compared to others nearby.

Visited December 2012

• Thai first
Buderim, Australia
“Great spot”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

We have been here a few times over the last twenty years and it always serves tasty fair at reasonable prices. Great for kids with large kids meals and pleasant footpath dining experience.

“Disappointingly average!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been in Australia for 4 months and have constantly remarked on the great quality of breakfast nearly everywhere you go. We chose gelato bar today simply because It was cool inside and it was 40 degrees outside! The service was shabby, it seemed there was too many waitresses stood around not really knowing who was doing what. The orange juice wasn't fresh, which was disappointing considering the competition that's around, and there weren't many options regarding bread choices as you find in most other places. My friend ordered a fruit salad which they said was unavailable "but she could have granola instead". It wasn't a catastrophe of an experience by any means but as I said to begin with, in a place where the food standard is so high this stood out as below average with prices that don't match the standard. I won't be returning.

Sydney
“Worst Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

On 23rd December my heavily pregnant friend and I have visited Gelato Bar @ Bondi Beach. We've been there before when the restaurant was under old management and always loved their food and service. Today, however, our experience can best be described as APPALLING.
I had to step away from the table so my friend has ordered us 3 meals - 1 salmon sandwich and 2 salads. The waitress accepted the order but quickly came back saying that it'd be too much food for just 2 people. My friend consulted me and tried to cancel one of the salads. However, the waitress returned saying it was too late. I'm not sure what was the point of telling us it'd be too much food in the first place if we couldn't do anything about it but we let it go.
The food then arrived on our tables and while the salads were fine the $15 salmon sandwich just looked like 2 pieces of salmon & letture were slapped on 2 pieces of bread. I asked the waitress if she could toast the sandwich but when I took a bite it tasted bitter and was absolutely inedible. I told the waitress that I couldn't eat it and it was taken away without an offer to replace or any further discussion yet when the bill arrived I was still charged for it. I questioned the waitress who did not seem to understand what I was trying to say and called the manager.
The manager came out of the restaurant, approached our table and immediately began attacking us for causing trouble, sending the food back and forth and threatened to call the police if we didn't pay the bill in full. I tried to reason with her by clarifying the situation and she seemed to calm down promising to take the sandwich off the bill. However, when we entered the restaurant for the revised bill (we were seated outside) she began yelling at us again at which point my bewildered friend said that she was attacking a pregnant woman so the manager looked her up and down and stated: "That's your problem." Furthermore the manager mimicked and corrected my friend's accent and yelled at us to get out of the restaurant in front of other patrons.
I come from a Customer Service background and I reminded her of the fact that we were customers and she had no right to speak to us like that but she only continued to yell at us to get out. At this point my friend was so shaken up we had to leave.
Absolutely WORST EXPERIENCE we've ever had.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Inna G
Sydney
“Worst Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We sat at a table outside and ordered 3 meals for the 2 of us - 1 salmon sandwich and 2 salads. The waitress accepted the order but quickly came back saying that it'd be too much food for just 2 people. We have then asked the waitress to cancel one of the salads, however, she said it was too late as the chef already began cooking our order. I'm not sure what was the point of telling us it'd be too much food in the first place if we couldn't do anything about it but we let it go.
The food then arrived on our tables and while the salads were fine the $15 salmon sandwich looked unappealing with 2 pieces of salmon & letture slapped on 2 pieces of bread. I asked the waitress if she could toast the sandwich but when I took a bite it tasted bitter and was absolutely inedible. I told the waitress that I couldn't eat it and it was taken away without an offer to replace or any further discussion, yet when the bill arrived I was still charged for it. I questioned the waitress who did not seem to understand what I was trying to say and called the manager.
The manager came out of the restaurant, approached our table and immediately began attacking us for causing trouble, sending the food back and forth and threatened to call the police if we didn't pay the bill in full. I tried to reason with her by clarifying the situation and she seemed to calm down promising to take the sandwich off the bill. However, when we entered the restaurant for the revised bill (we were seated outside) she began yelling at us again at which point my bewildered friend said that she was attacking a pregnant woman so the manager looked her up and down and stated: "That' your problem." Furthermore the manager mimicked and corrected my friend's accent and yelled at us to get out of the restaurant in front of other patrons.
I come from a Customer Service background and I reminded her of the fact that we were customers and she had no right to speak to us like that but she only continued to yell at us to get out. At this point my friend was so distressed and shaken up we had to leave.
Absolutely WORST EXPERIENCE we've ever had.

• Visited December 2012