“Simply Amazing”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bondi Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were recommended by good friends that live in Bondi, as we were visisting from Melb for the weekend. I was convinced that out of the three amazing places we vivsted this was not going to be the best, BOY was i wrong. We ate at Sydneys best restaturants in Wollomoloo wharf and the Icebergs in Bondi but Paper Planes Bondi hands down was the best food, service and Value. One of the waiters recommened dishes and he was spot on each time, the atmosphere was vibrant and very enjoyable. We loved it and will tell all of our friends in Melbourne.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We just got home delivery for paper pane and without a doubt it was the worst Japanese I have ever had. The food looked so bad my wife wouldn't touch it, but seeing as we paid 60 bucks for two bento boxs and a sushi roll I couldn't let it go to waste. Sadly I think I should have taken her lead. I can't really think of one aspect of the meal that was enjoyable even the rice was a clumped together and crunchy. I strogly suggest saving your money.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

menu changes are great makes the price point more affordable which was my only grumble before... will be back every week now....TOKYO POP CHEESECAKE!!!!!! winner.....

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Visited this place a few times now and on my recent visit noticed that the menu has been changed. At first glance it looks the same but then after our waiter talked us through the changes we noted they have some refreshing additions. We tried the new lettuce cups and although only trying 2 out of the 4 they where a delicous starter, then we powered through gyoza section whilst drinknign an usually sweet/sour yuzuzhu sake. We then tried the Barramundi which was accompianied by a miso lemon butter which was great but to top it off our dessert was the tokyo pop cheesecake which comes served in a pot plant?? hhaha nice touch. The only thing i would say is that we should of requested a specific table as we would of liked a high table but they where all taken.. the best surprise was that our bill only came to just under $100 dollars for 2 so its safe to say we'll be back even more now

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Everything was great....especially the service....10 out of 10....if you get the chance, sit at the right end of the bar so you can watch the food being prepared. That way if you're not sure what you want, you can grab a drink, watch what's being created and then say" I'll have one of those"......;)