“5 Star Food : 5 Star 'Tude”
Review of Porch and Parlour

Porch and Parlour
Ranked #35 of 416 Restaurants in Bondi
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Bondi Beach
Description: Porch and Parlour opened it's doors tucked up in the peaceful cul-de-sac of Brighton Blvd beside Rick's yoga studio and Ria's florist. After 4 encouraging years it was time to expand into the evenings - So we have relocated to the corner of Ramsgate Ave and Campbell Pde – closer to the ocean and sun drenched afternoons mean the perfect spot for a picky plate and a bottle of Porch rose from Mudgee. The space was built to make you feel right at home with sand between your toes cradling and a Will and Co latte, or by night Shiraz in hand.
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Best coffee and breakfast in Bondi; no question. Don't arrive if you are in a hurry or expect to be seated with vacant tables. The food really is good and best enjoyed with your own teflon coated attitude to enjoy the best hipster service in Bondi. Arrive early.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Lucky the food is good, because front of house needs a lot of work. This is not a big space (sits maybe 50-60 max and the service is very disorganised. We were greeted upon arrival and asked for a table of 6. Our name was popped on a list as they didn't have a table free just yet. I then watched as 2 groups of 2 walked in and were then sat on the large table we were waiting for. I then had to go and remind the waitress that we were waiting to be sat. She was lovely about it and moved the people and sat us promptly. The waitress who was looking after the back section was probably one of the worst I've seen in my hospitality career. We weren't even greeted/smiled at or acknowledged. My wife had to grab the other waitresses attention to order. However our meals were stunning, my hats off to the kitchen because the food is epic. Coffee average and was all served in TA cups (even though we were eating in) and I hate drinking black coffee out of a takeaway. I'm surprised people are still using manual paddle slayer's when they are known for inconsistent extractions, a bit of a show piece if you ask me. I truely hope these guys fix their front of house issues because even though their food is amazing, the lack of welcoming/ warm/ attentive staff is really not acceptable. Hopefully I just caught them on a bad day and this all wasn't the norm.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

Busy lunchtime on a rainy day.. managed to squeeze us in though
Sensational but innovative food. Try the Pea Pancake...it was awesome!
Attentive & friendly staff
Definitely worth the visit

1  Thank Kat H
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Place was brimming with handsome wait staff. Honestly. Not that it matters. Short wait for brunch on sat. Classic Sydney breakfast choices. I had green breakfast bowl with soft boiled eggs which I am starting to prefer over poached. Had to order a side of toast but was really well cooked. I liked the neat portion size. Larger portions leaving me kicking myself we didn't order one to share and feeling bloated. These sizes were perfect. 10/10 on all counts.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

I had often driven by and noticed the long line waiting to go here so I imagined it must be fantastic. But we were disappointed. We lined up, waited over 30 mins, more waited behind us. We definitely got the feeling it was more about being trendy, and most were about 20 something. The menu very slim, most raw and not that ingenious.

1  Thank Rochelle12452