“Great Accommodation”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bondi
Melbourne
“Great Accommodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was very happy with my room at this hotel. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the room was clean, warm, and had everything I required to cook a meal. The location is fantastic as well, close to shops and transport, all one needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MSABondiJunction, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear PheonixBaltimore,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Meriton Bondi Junction.

It is certainly appreciated when exceptional service and the cleanliness of our apartments are recognised by our esteemed guests. I will pass on your gratitude’s and I am sure that your feedback will be well received by the team. Meriton Bondi Junction is positioned in a wonderful location, situated in the heart of Bondi Junction among an abundant of café’s, shopping facilities and restaurants.

Your feedback is wonderful and I look forward to welcoming you back to Meriton Bondi Junction in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Nathan C
Senior Manager on Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We travelled with three children aged 11, 9 & 9 and stayed in the apartments for 9 days. They accommodated our request for an early check-in (no charge), split beds ($20 surcharge) and very late check-out (extra night's accommodation cost) with no issues. The staff were excellent, the 3-bedroom apartment well appointed and clean with great views. The location is perfect. It is directly above the Bondi Junction train and bus station and on the opposite corner to a major Westfield's shopping mall including a cinema. We bought a weekly metro pass for 2 adults and 1 child (they don't charge you for one child per adult) for $110 total and then bought Sunday Fun Day metro passes for $2.50 each. There is high speed WiFi with a free 1GB daily allowance (renews at 12 noon each day). I am convinced we went over our allowance at least a couple of times but were not charged any extra. As there is a full sized fridge, oven, hob, microwave and dishwasher we were able to stock up on groceries from the Mall and make breakfasts and dinners in our apartment saving money for other attractions and dine out lunches at various spots around the city. The 3-bedroom apartment has a separate laundry with washing machine and dryer, main bathroom, separate toilet and ensuite bathroom (both bathrooms have baths as well as showers). The lounge furniture is large and comfy. There are TVs with Foxtel in lounge and master bedroom. There is a pool, gym, games room (snooker and table tennis), tennis courts and outdoor BBQs. We would have no hesitation staying there again or recommending it to anyone travelling with children.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room with a view of the harbour (ours had a view and we did not ask for it specifi...
1 Thank Katrina R
MSABondiJunction, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Katrina,

It looks like you had an excellent family holiday in Sydney. Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor and sharing your wonderful experience with the travel community.

Our location is certainly convenient being in the heart of Bondi Junction with all modes of transport readily available at your doorstep and with the Westfield Shopping Centre directly across the road and a large variety of boutique stores and cafes along Oxford Street Mall.

I can see that your family and the children utilised all the facilities available in your apartment and our onsite recreational facilities including our indoor heated lap pool, gymnasium, spa, sauna and tennis courts.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Sydney so we can be of service to you and your family in the near future.

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were very pleased with our one bedroom apartment. It was actually a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment with 2 rooms locked off. The views were great, with a balcony off the lounge room facing the harbour bridge. The apartment was well furnished with ample cooking utensils etc. The hotel was chosen for its location, across the road from the main shopping plaza and conveniently on top of the bus/train station. Despite the close proximity to a main highway noise wasn't a problem with the double glazed windows. The indoor pool and sauna were very clean and not crowded. I would be happy to stay here again, and probably will.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Escapeshakes,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the stunning views of the city skyline and Sydney Harbour Bridge.

We thank you for your kind words and appreciate the positive feedback on TripAdvisor. Our associates work very hard to ensure our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay and with feedback such as yours it does confirms that we are delivering excellence in our product and service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It would be an absolute pleasure to see you return to Meriton Bondi Junction in the near future so we can be of service to you and your family.

Kingscliff, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We loved our two bedroom apartment. It was modern and clean and had a wonderful deep bath and good products supplied. We liked the staff (hello ash wee Irish lass). The location is great the view was quite stunning. The only dampener was the yobbo yelling outside my door at 230 am however security was called and were apologetic. Next night I could hear the family next door thru the wall talking and lots of banging over head. We were on floor 11. You expect some door banging and noise I was a bit disappointed with the noise but the rest was fantastic. We hopped on the 333 bus to bondi beach where a short ride got us right in the action. We got a 23 degree day in July which was fantastic. It was eventful doing some people watching great fun and great apartment. I was partic impressed that it was so well kept and clean and not tired and dreary. We took heed to take our own rubbish out. I would have missed that if I hadn't read the hotel info which I don't always do. The proximity to west fields was amazing made shopping and unloading very convenient. Taxi to airport was $40 and a taxi was easy to hail to just outside the building. Well done. Noise proofing would be my best suggestion.

Stayed July 2013
Dear Carolyn7310,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the stunning views from your apartment and the convenient location the hotel offers, all our apartments have deep bath tubs and they are certainly very relaxing!

It is unfortunate that the actions of other guests have adversely affected your experience. However, I am pleased to read that the noise complaint was resolved promptly. Meriton Serviced Apartments operates the reception desk 24 hours a day and we have onsite security personnel to ensure the safety and comfort for all our guests.

I have made notes of your comments in relation to the noise emanating through your neighboring apartments. We will address this with the relevant departments so we can ensure all our levels are patrolled more frequently.

Once again, thank you for your lovely feedback, I will be sure to pass on the kind words to Ashleigh for providing exceptional service and our Housekeeping department for their high standards of cleanliness. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your time at the Meriton Bondi Junction and look forward to welcome you back on your next trip!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for my graduation. I stayed in 1 bedroom apartment and it was very cosy and spacious. I chose this hotel mainly because of its location (close to shopping and also public transport). I was quite surprised by the decoration of the apartment, it was really beautiful and the receptionist staff during my check in is very helpful and polite. I feel very welcomed! The hotel room is also sound proof, as I didn't hear any noises from the room beside me when it was occupied especially at night. I got a fairly good deal due to winter promotion. Grab the promotion while you can, because it really worth your money!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MSABondiJunction, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear saiyuki0489,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on your graduation and conferment of your degree/award. I am pleased to hear that Meriton Serviced Apartments was your choice of accommodation during this special event and that it was an “Unforgettable Experience”.

Please note that I will be passing on your lovely comments to our reception staff as they work very hard to ensure they provide excellent customer service to our guests and they certainly appreciate the recognition on TripAdvisor.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We look forward to welcome you back to Meriton Bondi Junction in the near future.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

In the past I have been very happy with Meriton apartments, however this was not the case with Meriton Bondi Junction. The main disappointment is the views from the apartments. The one side of the building has the most amazing views, looking out over the Eastern suburbs of Sydney, the Harbour, and Harbour Bridge - spectacular. The other side looks onto a series of rooftops, air conditioners and in the distance residential apartments. I asked if there was any way I could swap for a better view given we were staying 5 days, but the front desk staff explained to me that only the 2 and 3 bed roomed units face the Harbour.

Other concerns.
Long wait for the lifts
Housekeeping items left out in the corridors (trolley and fold up bed with dirty towels left out all day)
Refuse room propped open with refuse visible on a number of days

What's good. Fast wifi (free to 1G daily)
Access to public transport

Room Tip: If you are choosing a 1 bedroom unit and are hoping to have a view DON'T STAY HERE.
2 Thank DocM-Melbourne
Dear Melbournetraveller18,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay this time was below your expectations.

I was most concerned to learn that we failed to meet your expectations, in particular with reference to your room allocation as you are a valued guest. I would like to assure you that we do endeavor to meet the room requests of all our guests and am disappointed that we could not on this occasion.

Unfortunately, the only way to guarantee a Harbourview apartment is to book a two or three bedroom Harbourview apartment. We do have a small handful of one bedroom apartments with partial harbour and city views. However, as there is only limited availability they are generally occupied and are in high demand.

I have made notes of your comments in relation to the lift delays and the housekeeping items left out in the corridor. This is certainly not satisfactory and not up to the Meriton standard. I will be investigating this further with the Housekeeping Manager, you have certainly raised a few points on where we can look to improve our product and services.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback, we do hope this experience does not deter you from staying with Meriton Bondi Junction in the future as we would like to have the opportunity to make things right for you. Please feel free to contact me directly on tripadvisor@meriton.net.au on your next visit to Bondi Junction so I can personally assist you with all your reservation needs.

Colorado USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently booked 3 nights in the Meriton Bondi Junction for our family trip. 12 of us booked 2 3 bedroom apartments on the 20th floor. I can't begin to say enough about this facility. We have stayed there many times in the past, but they have redone all the furnishings and upgraded the electronics - now the WiFi works well in the apartments, there is a Nespresso coffee maker in the the kitchen and the location cannot be beat. Walk anywhere or take a train or bus from the station directly under the building to anywhere in the City or to the beach. The Westfield Bondi Junction Shopping Center has the full gamut of shops and one of the best upscale food courts I have ever been in. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. All the staff were very helpful and the facility was clean and sparkly!

Room Tip: The higher up rooms are the best and have great views. Our balcony was almost as big as the apartme...
1 Thank SandyandDuke
MSABondiJunction, Manager at Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Sandy & Duke,

Thank you for taking the time to share your “AMAZING” experience with the TripAdvisor community. Our top level Multi-Million Dollar Luxury Bondi Penthouses are perfect for that special occasion or luxury getaway.

I am pleased to read that our Penthouse Apartments have exceeded your expectations and the location was suitable for all your needs during your visit to Sydney.

Sandy & Duke, next time you visit Meriton Bondi Junction make sure your re-book the penthouses as we have just refurbished all the furniture in all three luxury penthouses on the 10th July 2013.

We look forward to welcome you back to Meriton Serviced Apartments so we can be of service to you and your family.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bondi
Bondi Beach
Inner South
Meriton Serviced Apartments, Waterloo
Central Business District
Meriton Serviced Apartments Kent Street

Been to Meriton Serviced Apartments Bondi Junction? Share your experiences!