“good food”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: +61 (0)2 9369 3425
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate at Cosmo with a Groupon voucher we purchased online. The deal was a 10 course meal plus a glass of wine. The food was quite tasty Hungarian. Good portions were served and we were full up. The house wine was ok also. A good restaurant experience includes a friendly helpful waitor. I regret this is where the restaurant failed. Trying to book up was not done cooperatively. When we said we have a voucher the availablity of bookings decreased markedly. The manner that we were served was unfriendly, cold and matter of fact. Regardless of that I would recommend Bondi Cosmo for a delicious Hungarian meal.

1  Thank annesydney

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A cosy restaurant in busy Bondi Road, with friendly staff, and a menu with many Hungarian favourites.
Always the staple European dishes such as crispy duck, schnitzels and goulash, and tempting desserts, such as the Samloi Galushka . Specials advertised each week have included vegetarian dishes. There is a decent, affordable wine list, with many Aussie reds and whites.
They get my vote!

1  Thank TravellerQF
Reviewed April 7, 2013

very pleasant lively atmosphere on saturday night. the menu had plenty of variety of traditional hungarian favourites and a few surprises as well. garlic prawn entree was very tasty and veal mushroom main delish. then what to choose for dessert? the gundel crepe of course--a chocolate hazelnut sensation. pleasant efficient service and reasonable prices. highly recommended!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Arrived with eight people for dinner and whilst waiting for my meal I decided to order a very hot Latte which arrived cold. I sent it back only to receive a burned milk sticky glass coffee. When I took it back I was refused a new one so I cancelled my meal too then !! I was asked to leave whilst my friends were still eating !! I told them to call the police then they backed off !! SO RUDE !!!!!

4  Thank DORITY
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were looking for a convenient restaurant to visit on our way home from Sculptures by the Sea and were lucky enough to stumble upon Bondi Cosmo. Excellent experience, from start to finish. The menu is just too good, how can you possibly choose from so many delicious sounding combinations? There wasn't one weak dish amongst them. My only regret is that I didn't spot the chocolate mousse rouladey looking dessert until after I'd paid the bill. I will definitely try that next time and there will be a next time. I can't imagine a more authentic Hungarian restaurant outside of Budapest.