“Fantastic place! Loved it!”

Bondi Beach House Accommodation
Ranked #1 of 3 Bondi B&B and Inns
NEWCASTLE
“Fantastic place! Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

I'm not usually one to leave reviews at all but my partner and I stayed here over my birthday weekend and really loved the place.

We took the Palm View Suite which I found clean and tidy and the staff were helpful and attentive.

The location is also super convenient and close enough to the action but far enough away to enjoy some peace and quiet.

We shall be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was in Sydney for business and only stayed for two nights but the Beach House was very peaceful and enjoyable to stay at. The best part besides the house itself is the location, only a 30 second walk to the beach. The other people staying there were very pleasant as well as the staff.

I will definitely stay there again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

If you are looking for accommodation that reflects the atmosphere of Bondi Beach, look no further. Very stylish, well priced and right on the beach.

While there are no staff permanently on site, there is a friendly face each morning to provide local advice on restaurants, bars, transport etc.

See you next time!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New Holland, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

After all these rave reviews, I could hardly wait to stay here. It is fairly disappointing. After three nights, I am more than ready to go.

I stayed in the Wombat Room. Here's the list:

I appreciated the early check in by the very nice woman who was cleaning the rooms. I saw no one else in terms of hosts or staff the three days I was here, and that woman only for moments.

I appreciated the public area upstairs and the laundry facilities.

The room is very insecure. The beautifully described french doors were in actuality in need of paint, rickety, ugly, and highly insecure. The lock was very loose.

The bathroom window was insecure, and did not latch.

There was no window to open, and really no window at all, as it would have been very odd to open the dark paneled shutters in the rickety french doors onto the passageway pen to all guests and anyone else who wandered in.

The outdoor lighting was terrible, and quite scary. Although there were automatic lights, they offerred no illumination of my door and I could not see to get the key in, plus they went off after about 30 deconds, leaving me in the dark, still fumbling to get in.

The room looked clean and neat, but I made the mistake of reaching under the bed for something I dropped and it was filthy. Had not been cleaned in a very very long time.

The noise of other guests was potentially very disturbing. You can hear every sound in every hall and room. Fortunately, the house was mostly empty, but it could be awful, and was on occasion.

I resented not even having my trash taken out, much less any room cleaning for 3 days, at the price of $170,00 per day.

I will not stay here again, not would I recommend it.Traveling alone,I nearly left for a safer and more secure place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Elizabeth N
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at the Bondi Beach House for 3 nights on the first leg of our Australia vacation in March 2011. I have 2 daughters, ages 10 and 8, and the room, with a queen bed and two small singles, was absolutely perfect for us. The kitchenette was also perfect, as our jet-lag had us hungry at odd hours. And my daughters loved the patio and all the flowers. The location can't be beat -- only a couple of blocks from the beach -- far enough away that you aren't disturbed by the goings-on of the main drag, but close enough to pop to the beach whenever you feel like it. The owners were lovely and so helpful. It was a great start to our Australinn adventure.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bath, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

We stayed in the Palm View suite at BBH in April. It was a pleasure: this first floor double ensuite room was large and comfortable with a small additional sitting area and fridge/kettle looking over the decked front garden with its large table and seating. Definitely the best room - and a comfortable distance from the communal kitchen/diner and laundry room at the back of the house. The shared kitchen and dining area worked well with each room also having allocated space in the large fridge and everyone enjoying meeting up while making breakfast or supper. There is another sunny decked garden at the back of the house with dining table, and a small garden bedroom is also located here. A member of staff is on hand during the mornings. We had to accommodate our ten year old elsewhere as the BBH will not accept under 12s. He loved this grown-up opportunity, but we felt that he could perhaps have been quietly accommodated in our room without compromising others. The stairs and floors are all wooden, so noisy children running about would definitely not be welcome though!

Room Tip: Shared kitchen and living space; tidy guests only!