“Surpisingly great value restaurant”

Bohemian Euro Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Narellan
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My family and I attended this restaurant the other evening to celebrate my birthday. We went on a Wednesday evening, booking beforehand which I'm glad we did as the restaurant was rather full which surprised me for a mid week night. I think part of that may be attributed to the fact that for every main meal the second meal is at 1/2 price. There were six of us and the menu held quite a large range of meals (entrees, starters, main and deserts) which made it all the more difficult. We settled for some garlic bread as a starter and ordered a few German beers (a good selection of beer on tap and in bottles).

Service was good even though the restaurant was full. This indicates to me that the establishment is well run.

My wife and 2 sons had the roasted pork knuckle which was HUGE and consumed with much pleasure, my other son and I had Gypsy something or other (sorry can't remember the name) which consisted on meatloaf, chicken schnitzel and one or two other assorted meats with gravy. This was also a large serving and disappeared quickly, whilst my son's girlfriend had a chicken schnitzel which was again a good sized serving.

The main meals were washed down with some German beers.

My experience overall was rather good. Very nice food, good atmosphere, good service (not in your face, but being there when you wanted) and pricing that said "good value for money".

I'm not sure if anyone could eat an entree, main and desert as I found the main quite filling on its own. This is good as you don't leave felling still a touch hungry.

I can't wait for my next birthday.

1  Thank Colin S

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Loved the food, it is always great here, very fast service and all the staff are very polite, mixed schnitzel is a must!!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was our first time eating at this resturant! Cannot fault the service and tasty food which was delicious but pricey! The desserts were way over priced and very small but were pretty tasty as well, we had 10 people and cost us an average of $50 a head, so expensive but great atmostphere and well worth a try, now I can say I have been there and would go back if someone else was paying, staff were friendly and helpful but I feel if they spoke German it would make the atmostphere all the more fun and enjoyable!

1  Thank misseyfishie
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My fiancé and I came here for our anniversary, it was the first time either of us had been here, but we had heard a lot of good things (especially the pork knuckle) so thought we'd come and try it out... We booked our table for 6pm, luckily we did because come 6.30 it was getting quite full and busy. The waitresses were dressed in traditional German dress and very nice. We ordered drinks (a 1ltr stein and a mocktail) and entree (not sure of the name, but it was a type of bruschetta, but with mince and sauce- tasted delicious!!) which arrived promptly. For the mains I ordered chicken schnitzel, a bit on the safe side, and my partner ordered the pork knuckle. We both tried each other's, and both dishes were so good!!! If I could order just a plate of the pork crackling I would. We couldn't finish our plates, they are quite big serves. But it didn't go without us trying, that's for sure. It was soooo good. Would come here again!

2  Thank Courtenay H
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We recently attended this "restuarant" with a group of friends. We arrived separately, but each commented as they were seated that they had been waiting at the front counter for some time before anyone attended to them.

We all chatted for a while before realising that we had been there for 30 minutes and we had not had any come to take a drink order. We caught one of the passing waitresses and got the look of "what are you interupting me for !" - when we asked if we could order some drinks, we were told she would get someone else to come and take our order.

After 10 minutes, one of our group got up and found another staff member who finally came to take a drink order - 15 minutes later (55 minutes after we arrived) we were served our first drinks - a beer, a manhattan and a bottle of red wine (take it or leave it style - no tasting, not even a check to see if this was what I ordered).

It did not seem a very busy evening, but we still had to wait further to place a food order. By this time we had got up and gone to the bar to order a further drink, only to be told someone would come and take our order (again !... sigh).

The food did finally arrive and I will give them full marks for excellent tasting main meals. The lamb shanks we had were very well done and the meat came off the bone easily. We took an option for desert - I love my Sticky Date pudding and ordered this appropriately - what a disappointment. No taste, dry as a dessert (excuse the pun) and if it was not for the watery icecream it would not have been digestable.

We did get a bonus - to visits in one - our first and our LAST !

2  Thank Gary Y