Tripadvisor
Hornsby
Post
Inbox
Search

“Long wait for low quality food”
Review of Shingle Inn

Shingle Inn
Ranked #266 of 370 Restaurants in Hornsby
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for a quick coffee. I ordered a coffee and a small cake. The service took 5 minutes or more. The coffee wasn’t very good and neither was the cake.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank bze_thestig
Write a reviewReviews (22)

Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

I came to visit this morning with my mother as we regularly come here. We were very disappointed to see that $11 can get you two eggs, two tiny pieces of toast, no garnish and no thought into presentation. Furthermore, my breakfast wrap was greasy and full of fatty bacon. The only saviour was the coffees. Do yourself a favour and have breakfast somewhere where you get your money’s worth! Won’t be having breakfast here again.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed September 27, 2018

As the place does not do table service, I waited at the counter to order. While the staff told me 'it won't be a minute', they all continued happily on cleaning up and walking around the place. As I had put my bag with my laptop at one of the tables, I had to go and have a quick look to ensure it didn't get stolen. When I turned back around, the person who had just been too incredibly busy in the kitchen to help me, suddenly found time to help _another_ customer.

I left at that point.

For the prices advertised and the look of the place, it was not worth the wait.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Super disappointed with breakfast this morning, the poached egg was more like a boiled egg as it was solid.

The smallest amount of Hollandaise sauce ever, so didn't even cover how badly the eggs were cooked.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

We ordered a very simple afternoon tea of 4 scones with jam and cream ( 2 x scones and cream straight from the menu). After 5 minutes, out came 1 scone! Not 2 like the menu or 2 plates with 2 scones each. I mentioned that we ordered 2 sets of the scones. The waiter then insisted I had ordered 1.... anyway, I patiently corrected him, going back to the counter to order again. After another 5 minutes, only 2 more scones came out, still 1 short. I just couldn't seem to be understood. Unsure if they are new to the Hornsby Westfield store or just incompetent. We eventually gave up, despite explaining what I wanted 7 times! Even pointing to the menu. Aaaggggghhhhh.. It really spoilt our afternoon tea treat. They really couldn't care at all if we enjoyed our experience. No apology and appalling service.
P.S. it wasn't a language problem, just a lack of care for customer satisfaction. Never again.

Date of visit: June 2018