“My Favourite”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is my favourite spot to take friends for breakfast, lunch or coffee. I have never had dinner here, but it is generally packed when I walk past. The quality of the coffee is terrific, but be warned : their 'large' coffee is what others would term a 'regular'. The food has always been good, and generous portions. I like the ambience of the place too.....lovely rich red walls with chandeliers make for a nice setting.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a couple of times, and I'll leave it at that. Both visits were for coffee and each time the service was extremely slow. Although I ordered extra hot coffee, it arrived luke warm. The attraction to this cafe was the Toby's Estate coffee. I will be looking elsewhere for my coffee.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have eaten here on a number of occasions & have enjoyed the food every time.
The staff are friendly & service good.
The menu is varied & food was well cooked & tasty.
I would recommend Thyme Square highly.

1  Thank Bubbles-in-Oz
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Wanted somewhere local for a kid-free dinner for the two of us. The food was OK, but completely unremarkable.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

No complaints about the service or decor but the food was dissapointing. My husband's pepper rump steak was tough and sinewy. You don't need to be a meat connoisseur to know tough meat is indicative of a cheaper cut and not usually characteristic of rump.
I ordered pizza. I love a thin base but this was way too thin, couldn't taste it. The base was smothered in too much topping which unfortunately had the taste and texture of not being cooked.
Won't be returning.