“Great little find”

Rails Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rails Restaurant IS CLOSED. Rails Restaurant closed in March 2014. It is now under new management and called Station Street Bistro.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend are from the central coast and we got recommended by a friend to try this restaurant out.There is so much to choice from on their new menu it was hard to choose,we shared salt and pepper prawns for starters then we decided on the schnitzels which are reasonably priced for the big serving you get.for dessert which I couldn't resist I had the Creme brûlée and my boyfriend had the sticky date which were so yummy I wanted more.service was great very friendly We can't wait to make another booking.

1  Thank Ciara2011

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am so glad I have found this local restaurant.Its pleasant atmosphere and food is both value for money and beyond.I had the pumpkin salad and mezze plate and left happy and satisfied.My partner had the steak and scampi and said it was the best steak he can remember in a long time.We intend to make this our local.

4  Thank Milly S
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have dined at Rails on a few occasions and it just seems to get better each time.
The beef and Guinness pie is the best I have ever tasted and my partners salmon with prawn salsa and baked tomato sauce was cooked to perfection. fairly limited wine list but excellent service. Keep up the good work guys.

2  Thank James T
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went recently with a group of ladies and much to our surprise the place on a Thursday night was EMPTY apparently MOST unual. With some misgivings we entered and had a vast choice of seating!! Happily NO TV was on and the entire place was aesthetically very pleasing.We chose our meals which were FANTASTIC - lamb shanks, Atlantic Salmon and Tenderloin fillet!! Then came our desserts - YUM -sticky date pudding, flourless chocolate cake, lemon and lime tart and a coffee dessert!!!The quality was up there with the best! This place is SO much better value and better food than The Greengate Hotel and so much less noisey than Blue Gum which has VERY average food and no dining service!
Rails prices are extremely competitive and realistic as is of course wine!!
Parking may be the only issue but NOT on this occasion!
WE will be back!!!!

2  Thank trina027
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Average pub food. Great menu for gluten free or vegetarian as long as your patient and can spend a pretty penny!! I won't be back.

1  Thank aimz777