“great night”

Rails Restaurant
Cuisines: International, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Rails Restaurant IS CLOSED. Rails Restaurant closed in March 2014. It is now under new management and called Station Street Bistro.
“great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am so glad I have found this local restaurant.Its pleasant atmosphere and food is both value for money and beyond.I had the pumpkin salad and mezze plate and left happy and satisfied.My partner had the steak and scampi and said it was the best steak he can remember in a long time.We intend to make this our local.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Milly S

“Best in Hornsby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have dined at Rails on a few occasions and it just seems to get better each time.
The beef and Guinness pie is the best I have ever tasted and my partners salmon with prawn salsa and baked tomato sauce was cooked to perfection. fairly limited wine list but excellent service. Keep up the good work guys.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank James T
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Food - little atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I went recently with a group of ladies and much to our surprise the place on a Thursday night was EMPTY apparently MOST unual. With some misgivings we entered and had a vast choice of seating!! Happily NO TV was on and the entire place was aesthetically very pleasing.We chose our meals which were FANTASTIC - lamb shanks, Atlantic Salmon and Tenderloin fillet!! Then came our desserts - YUM -sticky date pudding, flourless chocolate cake, lemon and lime tart and a coffee dessert!!!The quality was up there with the best! This place is SO much better value and better food than The Greengate Hotel and so much less noisey than Blue Gum which has VERY average food and no dining service!
Rails prices are extremely competitive and realistic as is of course wine!!
Parking may be the only issue but NOT on this occasion!
WE will be back!!!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank trina027
Sydney
“Broke and hungry- over priced for average food which was slow to come out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Average pub food. Great menu for gluten free or vegetarian as long as your patient and can spend a pretty penny!! I won't be back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank aimz777
Wahroonga, Australia
“Its been a while. Glad I went back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used to go to Rails with my family a few years ago and always loved it. They had a change in ownership so we stopped going. Last week we were looking for something different for an early dinner and decided to give it a try again. We were pleasantly surprised. We shared garlic bread and deep fried calamari for entree. The calamari was dry, not too oily, and had a nice hint of chinese five spice. For mains we had a variety of dishes including schnitzel, steak, seafood. It was all very good. Served promptly, hot, and tasty. We had no room for dessert. Maybe next time.

• Visited January 2013